PARENT NOTE – April 12, 2021
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
After an exciting Friday filming for Grandparents’ Day at Faith-Highland, we are excited to share this product with grandparents (virtually) on May 7. Currently, the students are in the process of completing cards that will be mailed to every HCS grandparent or grandfriend. Within each card, directions will be given about how to easily access the video on Highland Christian’s website. This video will include a narrated performance, K-5 sharing vocal talents, the 5th grade play, junior high band and choir, and all junior high students sharing scripture. Grandparents are critical to the spiritual nurturing of our students and play an important role in our Christian community!
As we approach ILEARN testing next week, we highly recommend that students get to bed early, arrive at school by 8:10am, and are engaged in positive conversations at home about the importance of state assessments. These activities will support students, help enable them to show what they know, and allow the staff to appropriately implement curriculum that supports the rigor and content needs of our students.
Have a great week!
1. The HCS Online Auction is this Friday, April 16 at 6:30 p.m.! Raise the Paddle is at 8:00 p.m. and will be going towards new playground equipment for our preschoolers. You may preview and pre-bid beginning Wed., April 14 at highlandchristian.org/auction. Join the livestream this Friday evening at 6:30!
2. Public Feedback Forum: Due to a number of circumstances that have arisen, a majority of the HCS Governance Committee can no longer be at the Public Feedback Forum that was scheduled for tonight. This meeting has been RESCHEDULED for Tuesday, April 20, 2021 at 6:00 pm.
3. Homemade vanilla is available in the school office for all of your baking needs. Vanilla sells for $2.00 for an 8 ounce bottle.
4. When picking up your child via the pick-up line, please merge when you are able and pull all the way up. Please be respectful of others trying to merge.
1. Huge Sale on Spiritwear! All spiritwear will be 50% off for 2 weeks only! Today through April 17th. Shop early for the best selection!
HCS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1. Highland Christian has the following employment opportunities for the 2021/2022 school year:
• 1st Grade Teacher
• 3rd Grade Teacher
• 100% (or less) Academic Support/Intervention Teacher
• Part-time morning secretary and part-time Executive Development Assistant. These positions could possibly be combined for full-time work.
• Substitute Bus Driver
Please see the school’s employment page for more information.
1. Zandstra’s Gift Certificates are available to purchase. Gift certificates are $15 a piece with a bonus rebate of $3. You can order Zandstra’s gift certificates on your Thursday TRIP order form or through our Cash & Carry sales. To buy them directly contact the TRIP office at email@example.com or 219-838-0356, ext. 199 and leave a message.
2. TRIP orders are due (paper and online) this Thurs., Apr. 15th by 10 a.m. In April TRIP will be accepting physical gift card orders (paper and online) on Apr. 15, 22, and 29.
3. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 4/12/21): Buca di Beppo – 10%; Cold Stone Creamery – 13%; Hallmark – 5%; sweetFrog – 12%.
4. Team A (Julie Sitter, Missy Buikema, Larissa Vander Pol, Jessica Hiskes) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tuesday, Apr. 13th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.