Sonshine Enrichment Center at HCS
See you Child THRIVE at the Sonshine Enrichment Center!
Through hands-on discovery, teacher-led instruction, and small group activities, our enthusiastic preschool team immerse children in inquiry, thought and learning. As a result, children emerge with new knowledge, skills and confidence, and are ready to enjoy all kinds of new experiences at Kindergarten!
- Knowledge –Children gain knowledge as they explore themes in science, literature, language arts, and Bible.
- Skills – They will gain new skills as they explore handwriting, phonics, music, math, and art.
- Character – They will develop confidence, empathy, and character as they explore ideas, emotions, and interact with their teachers and peers.
Our preschool curriculum is based on the HighScope model which emphasizes hands-on discovery, independent choice, and an interactive learning environment. Along the way, we will provide assessments and parent reports so that you know how your child is doing. Your child will flourish as they develop kindergarten readiness skills at the Sonshine Enrichment Center!
- We focus on Kindergarten readiness.
- We strive for a balance between play, hands-on learning, and academic instruction.
- We practice social skills and encourage the students to work together to solve problems.
- We provide opportunities for large and fine motor skill practice.
- We use multiple ways to connect with our learning — snack, art, singing and fingerplays, crafts, and projects.
For more detailed information, please view our School Overview & Admissions Information booklet.
Is your child a young 5? Here is a list of items we are looking for with regard to Kindergarten Readiness.
Three Year Old’s
Children must be 3 years old by Aug.1 of the year they are registering and fully potty trained before attending this class.
- 2 Half-Day Program ($190/mo) Our two half-day program meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The morning class meets from 8:45 am to 11:15 am.
Four Year Old’s
Children must be 4 years old by Aug. 1 of the year they are registering and fully potty trained before attending these classes.
- 3 Half-Day Program ($280/mo) Our three half-day session meets on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. The morning class meets from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm.
- 5 Half-Day – Mornings ($420/mo) The five half-day session meets Monday through Friday. The half day class meets from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm.
- 3 Full-Day Program ($485/mo) The three full-day session meets on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Class meets from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- 5 Full-Day Program ($600/mo) The five full-day session meets Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
(Posted tuition rates are current for the 2022-23 School Year. Afternoon classes will be offered if enrollment allows.)