Welcome to Highland Christian School!
Highland Christian School is a Model PLC school where students at all levels are engaged in deep discipleship and high-level learning. We are a multi-denominational, multi-ethnic school community bound together by faith in Jesus Christ and a common, impassioned vision for students.
There are many wonderful ways to discover the good things that await your child at Highland Christian School! Click on each row below to learn more!
Preschool – Sonshine Enrichment Center
- Preschool students enjoy hands-on learning at the Sonshine Enrichment Center! In this dynamic, inquiry-based learning environment, students engage with teachers and peers to build a strong foundation of thought and academic readiness. Learn more…
- Learn more at one of our Parent Preview Events! For a list of dates and to RSVP click here.
- Read the latest SEC Stories in our School Bell (Winter 2021)
Visit our Campus
- We welcome your visit! RSVP for one of our scheduled Parent Preview events or contact us at 219-838-0356 to schedule an individual time. Until then, you can take a Virtual Tour here!
Culture and Environment
In our community parents, church, and school work together to ensure that every facet of learning is rooted in biblical truth and taught from a Christian worldview. Here are some 10 quick facts about the culture and environment at HCS:
- We are a Professional Learning Community (PLC).
- We provide covenant-model, standards-based Christian education. for children, preschool through grade 8. At HCS, Church, home, and school work together for educational and spiritual outcomes.
- All students participate in our 1:1 Technology Program.
- We are a certified Project Lead the Way (PLTW) School.
- Learning occurs in a blended environment where technology and teaching instruct each other and various learning styles are addressed.
- Classroom environments maximize student engagement.
- We actively cultivate a Growth Mindset Culture.
- We provide on-site Professional Development for our staff.
- We have a Mentor Teacher Program.
- We have a vibrant constituent base and strong Church relations.
Chat with Admissions
K-8 Admission for 2022-2023 is now open! Visit our Admissions Page to learn more or get started on your application today!
Is your child entering Kindergarten? Sign up for a Kindergarten Readiness appointment here!
Chat with a Parent Ambassador
If you wish to speak with a current parent representative, contact Jessica (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What do our parents say?
“I know that my children are loved and nurtured while they are away from me in school.”
“I am confident that my child is being met at his ability level and that his unique gifts and talents are being nurtured.”
“I have peace of mind that my child is receiving a Christ-centered education that reflects my own Christian values.”
“With my kids at HCS, I am assured that the values and principles I teach at home will be supported and reinforced at school instead of ridiculed, minimized, or untaught during their schooling.”