- H.C.S. Picture Day: Next Wednesday, Sept. 14, Interstate Studio will be taking the school pictures of our students. Order forms are being sent home with the students today. Please send the order form back to school with your child on Wednesday, Sept. 14 (the day of picture taking).
- Market Day pick up is this Wednesday, Sept. 7 from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in the gym foyer.
- Parent Student Handbook: The Parent Student Handbook is now available on line through secure login only. In order to access the handbook you will need an Edline account with screen name and password. If you do not have internet service, feel free to request a paper copy from the office.
- Family Directory On-line: The HCS and SEC Family Directory is now available on line through secure login only. In order to access this directory you will need an Edline account with screen name and password. If you do not have internet service, feel free to request a paper copy from the office.
- Parents: A SAFETY Concern –
Please drive SLOWLY in the parking lots when dropping off and picking up your children and obey traffic flow patterns and arrows. Also, watch for those children walking & running in-between vehicles.
- AR QUIZZES: Parents, due to the exciting school wide computer upgrade and the coinciding upgrade to the AR program, please be aware that at this point you cannot access the AR quiz list from home. When the AR program is fully upgraded an information letter will be sent with your child so that you are able to access the “Home Connect” to the AR site. Keep reading!
- Dress Code Concerns: Due to the concerns expressed by several parents regarding the ambiguity of the language in the new dress code expectations, a team is working on clarifying language. In the meantime, please honor the spirit of the dress code (while the letter is unclear) by requiring your students to wear clothes that are not intended for athletic pursuits. This will greatly assist us as we work to achieve a serious academic atmosphere.
- Box Tops Info: It’s time to send in all those Box Tops you saved over the summer. There is a note coming home today with a current list of items that have Box Tops on them and further information about the program. There are several items right now that have double Box Tops, so stock up on those items, so our school can benefit.
- National History Day Club will meet this evening from 5:30-7:00 in the school library.
- Thank you to all the parents who have turned in their volunteer sheets! If you haven’t already done so, there’s still time. Volunteers are still needed for all shifts for our Annual Dutrch Apple Pie fundraiser as well as a number of other items throughout the year. If you’ve misplaced your sheet and need another, pick up a new form from the school office, or you may express your interest by emailing: Jill Feikema, PTO Clerk @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Sept. 8
- “A” soccer vs Lansing – AWAY – 4:15 p.m.
- 7th volleyball vs. Lansing – AWAY – 4:15 p.m.
- 8th volleyball vs. Lansing – AWAY – 5:15 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 12
- Cross Country Illiana Invitational at North Creek Meadows – 4:00 p.m. start
- “A” soccer vs. DeMotte – HOME – 4:15 p.m.
- “B” soccer vs. DeMotte – HOME – 5:15 p.m.
- 7th volleyball vs. DeMotte – HOME – 4:15 p.m.
- 8th volleyball vs. DeMotte – HOME – 5:15 p.m.
- Welcome Back! ETC…a Resale Shop has missed you! We are hoping you can join us this year by helping us on our sort nights. They will be every Tuesday night from 5-7 p.m. Come and meet new people and help us sort through items that have been donated. We need your help to get ready for the fall merchandise. Your efforts will help the store be a great success! Please join us!!!!!
- TRIP orders are due on Thursday September 8TH by 3:15 pm.
- Congratulations to weekly TRIP $10 Voucher winner Michelle Pierce (To be eligible for this weekly drawing you need to place a $150 or more TRIP order. Then you can use the voucher to order $10 worth of gift cards and keep the earned tuition credit!)
- Team D (Anne Spoelman, Shelly Witham, Tracy Bandstra, Amy Lenting) will be putting the TRIP order together Wednesday, Sept. 7th. Orders will be ready for pick up at 2:45 pm Wednesday afternoon.
- New Stuff: Best Buy increased to 3%; L.L. Bean increased to 16%; Wal-Mart $25/$100 – use your gift card to buy gas at Wal-Mart & Murphy USA gas stations & receive 10c off a gallon of gas; Burlington Coat Factory $25 has been added to the TRIP program with a percentage rate of 7%; ServiceMaster $50 (TruGreen, Terminix, Merry Maids, etc.) has been added to the TRIP program with a percentage rate 4%; Gap increased to 13%; Uno Chicago Grill increased to 12%.
- TRIP Teams : Team A-Sept. 13; Team B-Sept. 20; Team C-Sept. 27; Team D-Oct. 4
- Information for the Town of Highlands Girls Basketball is available in the HCS office. The program is for girls in grades 2-8. The Town of Highland will allow non-resident participants only if the non-residents are attending a private school located in Highland, IN.