Theme & School Verse for 2019/20:
Blazin’ God’s Light
“Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:15-16
As you get ready for the new school year take note of the special start of year information that is listed here.
- Logging in to OnCampus
Don’t forget: each member of your family has a unique set of login credentials. Parents: Don’t use your child’s login. Your login credentials give you parental access which is different than what your child sees. If you need help logging in, check out our tutorial here or contact Mr. Vander Woude at (219) 838-0356 x107. If you need password assistance, contact the office.
2. Tuition Statements & Bus Routes
Your first tuition statement (payment due August 15) will be emailed on August 1. If you do not receive your statement by email, contact the office ASAP.
Bus routes will be mailed to families approximately one week prior to the first day of school.
3. Special Events on Monday, August 19, 2019
- New Family Reception – 5:30 pm
The New Family Reception is an opportunity for questions and answers with Mr. Bob Payne, Principal and Jodi Lineburg, Development Director.
- Classroom Visits & Ice Cream Social – 6:00 p.m.
Please bring your child/ren to the gym by 5:55 p.m. There they will meet with their multi-grade team – I know it will be fun for them. Once they are settled, you will head to their classrooms. We will have two sessions for you to meet your child/ren’s teachers: 6:00 and 6:15. After visiting your child/ren’s teacher, please join us in the gym for the Ice Cream Social. (If you have more than two children, just go to the additional classrooms at 6:30 to get handouts.)
4. Technology Meeting – Thursday, August 22 at 7:00 p.m. Attention all 6th Grade Parents and Parents of New 7th and 8th Grade Students: In order for your child to receive their MacBook, you will need to attend a meeting on Thursday, August 22nd at 7:00pm in the HCS Gym. Be sure to bring:
- The Technology Acceptable Use form that your child will receive on the 1st day of school.
- If you did NOT attend the Protect Young Eyes presentation in May, you will need to complete and bring the Webquest form. This form is available in OnCampus on the Back to School resource board.
5. Key Dates to Note on Your Calendar
(Print the full 2019/20 Calendar here)
- August 5-9: Beginning Band Camp
- August 19: New Family Reception, Classroom Visits and Ice Cream Social
- August 20: First Day of School. Convocation 8:45 AM, dismissal 1:45 PM
- August 22: Technology Meeting 7:00 pm.
In order for your new junior high school student to receive their school issued laptop, parents must attend this meeting.
- August 27,28: SEC Parent Orientation
- September 2: No School. Labor Day
Here are some additional resources for the 2019-20 school year: