Theme & School Verse for 2018/19:
“Run YOUR Race!” Hebrews 12:1
Our theme for 2018/19 is taken from Hebrews 12:1 which reads: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
Take this to heart, Husky Pack. We are to run with perseverance the race that is marked out for us. The race you are running is YOURS. Your audience is an audience of one: Jesus Christ. Your race is unique. It requires commitment. And the GREAT news is that we are running together.
As you get ready for the new school year take note of the special start of year information that is listed here.
- Logging in to OnCampus
Don’t forget: each member of your family has a unique set of login credentials. Parents: Don’t use your child’s login. Your login credentials give you parental access which is different than what your child sees. If you need help logging in, check out our tutorial here or contact Mr. Vander Woude at (219) 838-0356 x107. If you need password assistance, contact the office.
2. Tuition Statements & Bus Routes
Your first tuition statement (payment due August 15) will be emailed on August 1. If you do not receive your statement by email, contact the office asap.
Bus routes will be mailed to families approximately one week prior to the first day of school.
3. Special Events on Monday, August 20, 2018
- New Family Reception – 5:30 pm
The New Family Reception is an opportunity for questions and answers with Mr. Bob Payne, Principal and Jodi Lineburg, Development Director.
- Classroom Visits & Ice Cream Social – Monday, August 20 at 6:00 p.m.
New format – Please bring your child/ren to the gym by 5:55 p.m. There they will meet with their multi-grade team – I know it will be fun for them. Once they are settled, you will head to their classrooms. We will have two sessions for you to meet your child/ren’s teachers: 6:00 and 6:15. After visiting your child/ren’s teacher, please join us in the gym for the Ice Cream Social. (If you have more than two children, just go to the additional classrooms at 6:30 to get handouts.)
4. Technology Meeting – Thursday, August 23 at 7:00 p.m. Attention all 6th Grade Parents and Parents of New 7th and 8th Grade Students: In order for your child to receive their MacBook, you will need to attend a meeting on Thursday, August 23rd at 7:00pm in the HCS Gym. Be sure to bring:
- The Technology Acceptable Use form that your child will receive on the 1st day of school.
- If you did NOT attend the Protect Young Eyes presentation in May, you will need to complete and bring the Webquest form. This form is available in OnCampus on the Back to School resource board.
5. Key Dates to Note on Your Calendar
(Print the full 2018/19 Calendar here)
- August 6-10: Beginning Band Camp
- August 20: New Family Reception, Classroom Visits and Ice Cream Social
- August 21: First Day of School. Convocation 8:45 AM, dismissal 1:45 PM
- August 23: Technology Meeting 7:00 pm.
In order for your new junior high school student to receive their school issued laptop, parents must attend this meeting.
- August 27,28: SEC Parent Orientation
- September 3: No School. Labor Day
Here are some additional resources for the 2018-19 school year: