HCS General Music – K-5
Kindergarten through 5th grade students have general music education twice weekly. They participate in three performances annually. These are:
- Grandparents’ Day – Friday, October 16, 2015
- Parent Performance of Grandparents’ Day – Monday, October 19, 2015
- Spring Fine Arts Festival – Thursday, March 17, 2016
HCS Junior High Band Information
Students in grade 5 through grade 8 may elect to participate in Band. Beginning band is offered at 5th grade. Students interested in beginning band must participate in summer band camp.
- Summer Band Camp
- Illiana Area Band Festival – information coming!
- Mandatory Performances – The band has two mandatory performances during the 2015/2016 school year. They are an assessment for the class. Please mark your calendar for the following dates: December 17 @ 7:00 PM and May 28 @ 6:30 PM.
- Weekly Practice Records – During the school year, students will have weekly assignments called Practice Records. This encourages a routine of practicing to help in strengthening the content covered in class. They will also have an overall assessment on their participation and progress. At the end of each semester, there will be a playing test on a song or exercise.
- Instrument Rental – If you do not own the instrument that your child plays, there are many options available to you. Highland Christian owns instruments for you to rent. The music company, Quinlan and Fabish, also has instruments to rent.
HCS Junior High Choir Information
- Jr. High Musical – May 7 & 8, 2016