Music Education at HCS
Students will master concepts in a progressive study of music using the Educational Standards below. (General Music, Beginner Band, Junior High Band, and Junior High Choir)
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- Reading and notating music.
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture.
Art Education at HCS
Students will master concepts in a progressive study of visual art using the Educational standards below in K-8th Grade.
- Understanding and applying media, techniques, and processes.
- Using knowledge of structures and functions.
- Choose and evaluate a range of subject, symbols, and ideas.
- Understanding the visual arts in relation to history and cultures.
- Reflecting on and assessing the characteristics and merits of their work and the work of others.
- Making connections between visual arts and other disciplines.