PARENT NOTE – May 16, 2022
“Just LIVE it!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
The end of the year brings great excitement. Summer is around the corner, vacations and getaways are being planned, and days at the beach are in reach. However, as we near the finish line, we still have much to do. Some of these activities include:
• Sending the 8th Graders off to Philadelphia
• Final projects and presentations
• End of the Year Chapel/Gifts Assembly
• Track and Field Day
While only a few weeks remain, we know God has provided us a unique opportunity to continue to pour love and His story over these children. Thank you for your continued support as we end the year strong! Go Huskies!
1. Yearbook order forms were given to all students last week. They sell for $15.00 and are on a first come, first served basis – don’t wait too long to order yours! Yearbooks will be handed out at the end of this month.
2. HCS is looking for soccer and cross country coaches for the next school year. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Neil Krooswyk at ext. #164.
HCS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1. Highland Christian School has the following employment opportunities for the 2022/2022 school year:
• Dean of Students
• 5th Grade Teacher
• Junior High Science Teacher
• Junior High ELA Teacher
• Part-time hot lunch/classroom aide combination position
• Bus Drivers
1. It has been a great year of reading for many of our students and many books have been borrowed from the library, but now it is time for all books to go back on the shelves. Friday, May 20 is the final due date for all the books. Please check that your child has returned the books they have borrowed and paid any fines remaining. Any books not returned by the end of the year will be marked as lost and a replacement fee will be charged to the student. Thanks for the many hours of reading that have happened this year.
1. Thank you to everyone who came to the Dudes for Donuts event. We hope you all had a great time!
1. TRIP orders are due this week (paper and online) on Thurs., May 19th by 10 a.m. The TRIP program will be accepting physical gift card orders on May 26, June 2 and 9.
2. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Cards available to purchase are: Amazon.com $100, Arby’s $10, Aurelio’s Pizza $20, Bass Pro Shops $25; Beggars Pizza $20, Burger King $10, Cabela’s $25; Carter’s/Osh Kosh $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chipotle Mex. Gr. $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10, CVS Pharmacy $25, Dairy Queen $10, Domino’s $10, Family Express $25, Gordon’s (GFS) $25, Hohman Floral $10, Menards $25/$100, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Pizza Hut $10, Potbelly $10, Qdoba Mex. Gr. $25, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, Speedway $25, Starbucks $25, Strack & Van Til Grocery $50/$100, Subway $10, Taco Bell $10, Teibel’s $25, Texas Roadhouse $25, Walgreens $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50, Walt’s $100, Wendy’s $10, Zandstra’s Greenhouse $17.
Contact the TRIP office at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or by email at email@example.com to purchase these cards.
3. Team D (Shelly Witham, Mary Brinks, Becca Trepton) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., May 17th. Orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
4. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – May 24; Team B – May 31; Team C – June 7; Team D – June 14
1. Illiana Christian Jr. High Girls’ Summer Golf Camp – Girls’ entering 6th, 7th, and 8th next school year are invited to participate. This camp will be led by the IC girls’ golf coaches and will focus on the fundamental skills of the game of golf. Putting, range works with different clubs, chipping, and course play. Camp will be held at Palmira Golf Course, Illiana’s home course, on Mondays from 1-3pm starting Monday, June 6th and ending Monday, July 25th. The camp fee is $175, which includes a camp t-shirt. To register, please email Coach Suzanne Jonkman firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Illiana Christian HS Girls’ Golf Team Summer Conditioning – Open to 8th girls enrolled at Illiana Christian and interested in trying out for the golf team. Our summer conditioning schedule includes Mondays at 3:30 pm golfing as many holes till dusk on our home course at Palmira AND golf lessons with an amazing golf pro at Briar Ridge for a couple of afternoon hours. The day of the week for golf lessons may vary, due to the golf pro’s tournament schedule. Summer conditioning begins the week of June 6th and will run through the end of July, close to 8 weeks. Cost: Free To register, please email Coach Suzanne Jonkman email@example.com
3. Is your son or daughter interested in playing on a summer volleyball local team? Beginners and more experienced players are both welcome. Includes 1 practice and 1 game each week starting mid-June. If so, check out www.illianajuniors.org to get more info or email Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org