PARENT NOTE – April 18, 2022
“Just LIVE it!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
The older I get, the more I cherish Easter and the great sacrifice our Lord has made for each of us. Driving back from a family gathering in Michigan, I was able to listen to a beautiful song by Hillsong – The Nails in Your Hands.
The nails in Your hands
The nails in Your feet
Tell me how much You love me.
The thorns on Your brow
They tell me how
You bore so much shame to love me.
And when the Heavens pass away
All Your scars will still remain
And forever they will say
Just how much You love me.
Forever my love
Forever my heart
Forever my life is Yours
As we exit this Easter season, my prayer is that Christ’s great sacrifice never fades. Have a blessed and spirit filled week.
1. The HCS Auction is this Saturday, April 23. This year’s auction is Live and Online.
• 5:00 – Doors open, kitchen opens, Silent Auction begins
• 5:30 – Live Auction begins
Online bidding starts April 16 at www.highlandchristian.org/auction/ and continues through the auction. Come join the fun!
2. This Friday, April 22 is HCS Preview Day from 1:30-3:00 p.m. If you know of any family who is interested in learning more about HCS, please extend an invitation to them. During this event, they will see classrooms in action, tour our campus and learn more about the exciting journey that awaits their child at Highland Christian School.
3. Highland Christian is looking for someone who would be willing to plant and maintain the front flower bed by the flagpole this spring and summer. If gardening is something that you love to do and would be willing to help, please contact the school office. Thanks so much!
1. This year the Jr High Drama Department is proud to present, “High School Musical Jr” May 5th and 6th. Thursday’s performance is at 7pm and tickets will be available at the door at 6:30pm when the doors open. Tickets to Thursday’s performance are $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children under 16. Tickets for Friday night’s High School Dinner Experience go on sale beginning April 25th. Tickets are $12.00 per seat and include a meal in the East High School Cafeteria and the Show. Friday night general admission tickets will be on sale at the door on the evening of the performance. Join our students as they navigate the expectations of the status quo or following their own dreams.
1. April 16th was National Librarian Day. Please join us in showing appreciation to our wonderful librarian – Mrs. Zandstra! We hope you will take a moment to drop her a note and let her know she is appreciated!
2. Date Change: Donuts for Dudes, which is an event where children bring their favorite dudes before school to enjoy a donut, was schedule to take place on May 18th, but it will now take place on May 11th. Please mark your calendars!
1. etc… thrift store needs your help! Please consider participating in our donation drive April 18-29. Bring your donations to your classroom, the etc trailer located in the school parking lot, or bring them directly to the store. A flyer was sent home with additional details. Thank you for your support!
1. Wednesday, April 20 – Track Meet at Chicago Christian High School – 12:30 start
1. Apr. 21st is the last time you can receive TRIP tuition credit for parents of a student (including preschoolers) not returning to HCS or an eighth grader not attending Illiana in the fall or an Illiana student graduating this spring. Contact the TRIP office if you have any questions.
2. ThankScriping Day is coming up on April 28 & 29 for escrip and reloaded gift cards. Look for extra bonus rebates on those days. Contact the TRIP office if you would like to be signed up for online ordering with the RaiseRight mobile app
3. Zandstra’s Greenhouse gift certificates are available to purchase. Gift certificates are $17 each with a bonus rebate of $3. Please note: If you order these certificates online or on our weekly paper order form you will not be able to receive your certificates until the Tuesday after you place the order. If you want your certificates faster contact the TRIP office directly at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or by email at email@example.com.
4. TRIP orders are due for physical cards (paper and online) on Thurs., Apr. 21st by 10 a.m. The TRIP program will be accepting physical gift card orders on Apr. 28, May 12, 19, and 26.
5. Team A (Julie Sitter, Missy Buikema, Larissa Vander Pol, Jessica Hiskes) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Apr. 19th. Orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team B – Apr. 26; Team C – May 3; Team D – May 17; Team A – May 24