PARENT NOTE – October 18, 2021
“Just LIVE it!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
This weekend, my son, Ezra, and I swung by school to take care of a couple small tasks and give mom a break at home. While walking near the playground we were able to stop at the Legacy Prayer Plaza for a few minutes. Showcasing a beautiful area for prayer and the recognition of those who have paved the way for Christian education over our 111 year history, I could not help but praise the Lord. It is through the many legacy gifts that our students and school community are blessed with instructional tools, financial assistance, and a Foundation that will support the school’s mission and vision for the next 111 years. As you go into this short week before Fall Break, take a moment to pray for our school community and thank God for those who have so generously supported the next generation of Christian leaders.
1. Important Reminder: This Wed., Oct. 20 is a 1:45 dismissal and there is no school, Thursday and Friday, Oct. 21 & 22.
2. Parent/Teacher Conferences – Nov. 3&4: This year, we are again using Schoolbookings.net to let parents sign-up for the conference slot they would prefer. Like last year, 3rd-8th grade conferences will be student led. Pre-K – 2nd grade conferences will just be with the parents. You may sign up for conferences at https://www.schoolbookings.net/. Our school code is 34qm4.
Open this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gsbLlbFUO4MTMfI97KT_FiR_hI5b1FzI/view?usp=sharing to watch a short tutorial of how to sign up for a conference slot and be directed to the website. This process is very straightforward and will help simplify this process for the office and give more options to families.
3. HCS is excited to host a student teacher from Dordt from January 4 – March 4. During this placement, the female student teacher will be in need of housing. Dordt is offering a stipend to help off-set expenditures. If you are interested in hosting this student teacher, please contact Mr. Weener by Friday, November 5.
4. 2nd & 3rd Grade Math Pentathlon: We are so excited about the response to the Math Pentathlon program. If you did not hand your forms in today, don’t worry, there are still a few more spots, especially on Tuesdays. The program begins this week and will meet in the library at 3:15. Wednesday’s group will begin this week as well, in the library, from 1:45 – 2:45. More information will be sent home with your child. Thanks for including your child in this great program
HCS JOB OPPORTUNITIES
1. After-school math tutors needed. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Kyle Weener.
1. Thank you to everyone who participated in our first restaurant fundraiser at Buona Beef! We hope you enjoyed your meal!
1. TRIP orders are due this week (paper and online) on **Wednesday, Oct. 20th** by 10 a.m.
2. Shopwithscrip.com Bonus Fest is happening again this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is for everyone enrolled in our online program. Would you like more information? Call the TRIP office at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or email TRIP at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 10/18/21): Jewel – 4%; Shutterfly – 11%.
4. Team C (April Vander Meyden, Jamie Vander Meyden, Janell Eriks) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tuesday, Oct. 19th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
5. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – Oct. 26; Team A – Nov. 2; Team B – Nov. 9; Team C – Nov. 16
1. Preview Illiana: Plan now to join us on Thursday, December 2 or Tuesday, March 1.
Preview Illiana is an opportunity for prospective students and their families to experience Illiana. Meet with faculty and administration, tour our campus, and have all your questions answered. You’ll be able to hear from our Head of School and Principal, meet teachers and students, attend informative sessions about Illiana’s curriculum and learning opportunities in music, art, STEM, and core subjects, learn how Illiana builds college- and career-readiness, and experience Illiana’s mission to develop a passion for God, people, and the world. All middle school students and prospective high school transfer students will receive a free Illiana t-shirt!
REGISTER FOR PREVIEW HERE
Questions can be directed to our Director of Admissions, Jenna Dutton, at 219.558.7066 x41 or email@example.com