PARENT NOTE – September 20, 2021
“Just LIVE it!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
It’s not the beginning of fall without a ton of football! Whether you’re rooting for the Bears, Colts, Purdue, or IU – it was a great weekend. As a life-long Florida fan, I watched with great hope as the Gators climbed out of a 21-3 hole only to come up two points short to the #1 ranked Crimson Tide.
As I looked back on the game, one of the most crucial moments happened at the end of the first quarter. With ineffective defensive schemes, UF pivoted and found a solution to stifle the Crimson Tide offense and get back to a rough and tough football. This tactic is very similar to Question 3 of PLC: “What do we do if students don’t learn the material after it has been taught?” Just like a football game, our game plan has eb and flow as we adjust for the needs of students and situations. Although we write fantastic lesson plans, sometimes the kids need different support. When kids don’t learn, we don’t throw in the towel – we get in the trenches, adjust our plan, and work tirelessly to bring our students to a strong result. It is this mindset that makes HCS a great place to work and learn. We are all committed to every student and their individual learning!
1. HCS Picture Day is next Tuesday, Sept. 28. This year Interstate Studio is requesting that parents order online at www.inter-state.com/order using order code 60659YB. If you are not able to order online, order forms are available in the HCS office.
2. See You at the Pole is this Wednesday, September 22 at 7:45 am. Please join us as we lift up our school, students, staff, communities, churches, state, and country in prayer. During this time of uncertainty, we can have a sure confidence in a God who hears and answers prayer. We will begin on time so that we will be away from the doors before drop off begins. Furthermore, we will practice social distancing. Let’s humbly pray that God will lift us up for service in His Kingdom. James 4:10
3. Thursdays are snack days at HCS! The 8th grade class will be selling snacks to reduce costs for their 8th grade trip to Philadelphia this year. All snacks for sale are $1. For the month of September, 3rd through 8th grade will be able to purchase snacks, and beginning in October, snacks will be available for purchase for all grades kindergarten through 8th grade.
1. Thank you to everyone who came out last week for Muffins for Misses! It was a beautiful morning and great to see so many Huskies and their special ladies! We hope everyone enjoyed it!
1. Seventh grade students and parents! Tonight is your night to sort at etc! Stop by the store from 5-7 pm to help us sort clothing! Can’t wait to see you there!
Tuesday, Sept. 21 – A soccer vs. Tinley Park – HOME – 4:00
7th & 8th volleyball vs. Tinley Park – HOME – 4:00 & 5:00
Thursday, Sept. 23 – A&B soccer vs. Crown Point – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
7th & 8th volleyball vs. Crown Point – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
1. TRIP orders are due this week (paper and online) on Thurs., Sept. 23rd by 10 a.m.
2. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 9/20/21): Arby’s – 11%; Sonic – 11%
3. New Voucher Businesses:
A. Norwex Consultant – Kristine Hendon has joined our voucher program as a Norwex cleaning consultant. Norwex has all the cleaning supplies you need. Her bonus rebate for buying Norwex supplies is 8%. Contact Kristine Hendon at 309-798-1856 or KristineHendon.Norwex.biz for more information.
B. Dan Hendon Enterprises – Dan Hendon is offering his services as a trainer, speaker and coach for entrepreneurs through the John Maxwell Team ministry group. Dan’s bonus rebate for these services is 10%. To learn more about this leadership training for business strategy and coaching contact Dan Hendon at 219-702-2027 or Dan@danhendon.com.
4. Team C (April Vander Meyden, Jamie Vander Meyden, Laura McDonald) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tuesday, Sept. 21st. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
5. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – Sept. 28; Team A – Oct. 5: Team B – Oct. 12; Team C – Oct. 19