PARENT NOTE – May 24, 2021
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
This certainly has been a year for the books! As we put a close on the 2020-2021 school year, I want to thank our wonderful community for the collaborative and flexible teamwork it has taken to make this year a great success. Despite the many policy changes from the Department of Health and altered school-related events, we have so much to be thankful for. God truly has blessed the Highland Christian community. Have a wonderful summer and we’ll look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, August 17 for our Ice Cream Social/Meet the Teacher Night!
To God be the Glory!
1. Highland Christian School 8th Grade Graduation is this Wednesday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m. in the HCS gym. Congratulations to the Class of 2021!
2. Reminder: This Friday is the last day of school for grades K-7 and there is a 1:45 dismissal. Aftercare will be available on that day.
3. The first day of school for next year is August 18 – we pray that our HCS families have a safe and blessed summer!
4. If your child has prescription medication, epi-pens, and/or inhalers in the office, please pick them up before school dismisses for the summer.
5. Lost & Found: Stop in and check out the lost & found table that is set up in the hall by the office. All items left after the last day of school will be given to etc…Thrift Store.
6. Yearbooks will be handed out to the students tomorrow. There are still a few available for $15.00.
7. Homemade vanilla is for sale in the office for all of your baking needs.
8. A special thank you to Roger and Betty Yonkman and Tom Fennema for the many years of planting the flowers around the HCS flagpole! They are retiring from this volunteer position this year and we are looking for someone who would be willing to donate their time and talent for beautifying the front entrance of the school. If you are able to help, please contact the office.
9. 1st Grade Parents: Due to a double booking of the gym, the 1st grade chapel scheduled at 2:40 p.m. tomorrow has been re-scheduled to begin at 8:40 tomorrow morning. Thank you for your flexibility, as we let these children shine their light for the Lord!
1. Thank you to our school community for a great 2020/2021 school year! While we had to do some things differently this year, we are so thankful for HCS and for all of you!
2. PTO will be SURPRISING the kids with ice cream treats on Friday. We hope all the kids have an awesome last day!
3. There are still a few open PTO positions for the 2021/2022 school year. We would love to have you join us! If you are interested in learning more, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HCS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1. Highland Christian has the following employment opportunities for the 2021/2022 school year:
• 1st Grade Teacher
• 3rd Grade Teacher
• Part-Time Spanish Teacher
• 100% (or less) Academic Support/Intervention Teacher
• Part-time Executive Development Assistant
• Bus Driver
Please see the school’s employment page for more information.
1. School is ending this week but TRIP continues into June. TRIP will be accepting physical gift card orders (paper and online) on May 27, June 3, 10 and 17. The TRIP office will be closed from June 24th through August 5th. Online scrip ordering is available 24/7. If you aren’t signed up for online ordering or you would like more information, contact Ann Lynch at email@example.com or 219-838-0356, ext. 199
2. TRIP orders are due this week (paper and online) on Thurs., May 27th by 10 a.m.
3. Team B (Amy Jellema, Lisa Long, Jamie Paul) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tuesday, May 25th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
4. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 5/24/21): Jiffy Lube – 10%; Taco Bell – 5%.
5. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Cards are available to purchase. Amazon.com $100, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Arby’s $10, Aurelio’s Pizza $20, Beggars Pizza $10, Buona Beef Rest. $10, Burger King $10, Chick-fil-A $10, Chili’s $25, Chipotle Mex. Gr. $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10, CVS Pharmacy $25, Dairy Queen $10, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Gordon’s (GFS) $25, Hohman Floral $10, Meijer $25/$50/$100, Menards $25, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Potbelly $10, Red Lobster $25, Speedway $25/$50, Starbucks $10/$25, Strack & Van Til Grocery $50, Subway $10, Taco Bell $10, Teibel’s $25, TGI Fridays $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50/$100, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10, Zandstra’s Greenhouse $15. Contact Ann Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-838-0356, ext. 199 to purchase these cards.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team C – June 1; Team D – June 8; Team A – June 15; Team B – June 22
1. Suburban Bible Church in Highland is having Vacation Bible School June 21-25, 6-8:30pm. 3 years old to completed 5th grade may attend. Theme is Mystery Island-Tracking Down the One True God. Register on-line at suburbanbible.org.
2. Munster Church Women’s Coffee Break Bible Study will be presenting a series of videos by well-known Christian speaker Kay Warren titled ‘Choose Joy Because Happiness Isn’t Enough.’ Join us at 9:30am on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays in July and August for fellowship and to view four different 45 minute inspirational DVDs. We hope to see you on July 13th, July 27th, August 10th and August 24th. Please call the church office with any questions (219-836-1400). Our address is: 214 Ridge Road, Munster, IN.