PARENT NOTE – March 22, 2021
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
As Highland Christian seeks to partner with families and churches, we are hosting our first annual Faith & Family Event at Munster Church on Friday, April 9. Our guest speaker, Dan Seaborn, is a nationally recognized Christian speaker and will share how families and parents can grow in the Lord. This will be a can’t miss event. Additionally, Katie DeGraff and Abby Weener will be leading worship.
As a special promotion, all individuals who buy their $5 tickets before Friday, March 26 will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Tickets can be purchased in the office, by contacting Jody Moes (email@example.com), or at the attached link:
In other news, congratulations to Mulderink Madness who is currently leading the 55-person HCS March Madness Tournament!
Here’s to a great week!
1. This is the last week of school before spring break. We pray that our families have a safe and restful spring break! School will resume on April 5.
2. HCS is hosting an American Red Cross Blood Drive in the HCS parking lot this Friday, March 26 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. You may sign up at redcrossblood.org or call 1800redcross. All donations are tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
3. Stop in and check out the lost & found table that is set up in the hallway by the office. You just might find some of your child’s items there! All items left over spring break will be given to etc…thrift store.
4. The HCS Auction will take place online on Friday, April 16 at 6:30 p.m. Our Raise the Paddle this year will be going towards new playground equipment for our preschoolers. There will be a link up soon on the HCS website for you to register to bid. Items will be posted the week leading up to the auction for you to view and start your pre-bidding. If you have questions feel free to call Jodi Lineburg at 219-838-0356 ext. 165.
5. Reminder: If your child is absent, please remember to contact the HCS office. Thanks!
1. The Junior High Choir and Junior High Band will be participating in this year’s virtual Grandparents’ Day video! We hope you enjoy listening to the songs we have prepared!
HCS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1. Highland Christian is looking for a part-time morning secretary and part-time Executive Development Assistant. These positions could possibly be combined for full-time work. For more information about these openings, please visit the Employment Opportunities tab on the HCS website.
2. HCS has two instructional positions posted on our website.
• Highland Christian is seeking a part-time Gifted and Talented Instructor who will work with K-8 students to meet their academic needs.
• Highland Christian is seeking a Title I Teacher and Academic Support Teacher who will work within a collaborative team to lead a resource classroom. Theses may be full or part-time positions. Please see the school’s employment page for more information.
1. No TRIP orders due this week.
2. Online ordering is available 24/7! For more information about the TRIP program and/or online ordering contact Ann Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-838-0356, ext. 199.
3. In April TRIP will be accepting physical gift card (paper and online) orders on Apr. 8, 15, 22, and 29.
4. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Cards are available to purchase. Contact Ann Lynch to purchase gift cards.
Amazon.com $10/$25/$100, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25, Arby’s $10, Aurelio’s Pizza $20,
Bass Pro Shops $25, Bed, Bath & Beyond $25, Beggars Pizza $10, Buona Beef Rest. $10, Burger King $10,Cabela’s $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chili’s $25, Chipotle Mex. Gr. $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10,
CVS Pharmacy $25, Dairy Queen $10, Family Express $25, Gap/Old Navy $25, Gordon’s (GFS) $25,
Hohman Floral $10, Meijer $25/$50/$100, Menards $25, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Outback $25, Potbelly $10,
Red Lobster $25, Speedway $25/$50, Starbucks $25, Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50/$100, Subway $10,
Taco Bell $10, Target $10/$50, Teibel’s $25, TGI Fridays $25, Walgreens $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50/$100, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10.
5. Team D (Shelly Witham, Shavonne Dennie, Mary Brinks, Amy Yonkman) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tuesday, Mar. 23rd. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – April 13; Team B – April 20; Team C – April 27; Team D – May 4
1. PREVIEW ILLIANA: Preview Illiana is back! This is a great opportunity for parents and students who are considering Illiana Christian High School to get an up close view of the school, and have all their questions answered. And, we think it’s just a lot of fun too! Plan to join us on Saturday, April 10 at 10 a.m. or Tuesday, May 18 at 7:00 p.m. Middle school students will receive a free Illiana T-shirt. Due to ongoing Covid restrictions, seats are limited and preregistration IS necessary at this link: http://bit.ly/previewillianaspring2021.