PARENT NOTE – February 8, 2021
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
I hope your family had a restful and rejuvenating weekend. As I watched the Superbowl, I was continually amazed by Tom Brady’s performance and how a team that was 7-5 rattled off eight straight wins to take home the title. It appears that “Champa Bay” may be a fitting name after all.
Watching the Buccaneers, I was impressed by their grit, tenacity, and perseverance. Pulling together the resources at hand, the team was able to work hard and get the job done. In all that COVID has thrown us, I liken the Buc’s Superbowl win to the work that is being accomplished this year. At Highland Christian, we have an All-Star team of educators who won’t let anything get in the way of accomplishing God’s mission. Through hard work, dedication to students, and perseverance to see all students achieve at high levels, our school has come through the fire united and stronger than ever.
In recent news, our Family First event, with Dan Seaborn, has been rescheduled to Friday, April 9 at 6:00pm. In order to operate successfully, and provide your children with the richest education possible, Highland Christian School must maintain strong partnerships between the church, home, and school. It is for this purpose that we have partnered with Munster Church to host this world-renowned speaker. In order to reserve your seat for this amazing opportunity, please contact the office and purchase your tickets for five dollars each. You won’t want to miss this spectacular event!
Have a blessed week!
1. Important Reminder: There is no school this Friday, Feb. 12 or Monday, Feb. 15.
2. The skating party that was originally scheduled for this Thursday, Feb. 11 has been cancelled.
3. Highland Christian School is now accepting 2021/2022 preschool registrations for new students. If you are considering an early learning opportunity for your 3, 4, or 5 year old child and would like more information, please contact the school office or register online at www.highlandchristian.org using the admissions drop-down tab. If your child is a current SEC student and re-enrolling for next year, check OnCampus for your class preference form. Once you have completed this, we will issue your child’s enrollment contract.
4. Kindergarten Readiness Day for the 2021/2022 school year is scheduled for Wednesday, March 10. If you have a kindergarten child for next year, you may register online at www.highlandchristian.org using the admissions drop-down tab or contact the school office. Your child’s scheduled time will be sent to you along with other information by the end of February.
5. February’s Fantastic Fun Fridays:
• Thursday, February 11- Friendship Day-Give Valentines to your friends and wear red, white or pink.
• Friday, February 19-Favorite sports shirt
• Friday, February 26-Favorite Hat Day
6. Camp Invention: HCS is hosting Camp Invention in school this summer! Camp is June 14-18 and it is IN-Person! Join us for a time of innovation fun. Don’t forget to sign up and use your save a spot discount from last year! Everyone can save $40 using the promo code RECHARGE40. Register your child today at invent.org/camp
7. HCS Book Fair: Yes, we are having a Scholastic Book Fair March 2-5 in the gym foyer. Mark your calendars to save the date!
8. HCS Book Week: A week of intentional reading and book promotion is planned for March 1-5. Details about special dress-up themes will be sent home soon. Reading every day increases your child’s learning potential and imagination. But you don’t have to wait for Book Week to begin giving your child this benefit …read to your children today!
HCS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
1. Highland Christian is looking for a part-time morning secretary and Executive Development Assistant. For more information about these openings, please visit the Employment Opportunities tab on the HCS website.
2. HCS is looking for an after-school math tutor beginning the end of March. The tutor would need to be available from 3:15-4:15 on Monday – Thursday to support 1st – 4th graders. Contact Mr. Weener for more information.
1. Tuesday, Feb. 9 – 6th, 7th, 8th basketball vs. DeMotte – AWAY – 3:45, 4:45, 5:45
Thursday, Feb. 11 – 6th, 7th, 8th basketball vs. DeMotte – HOME – 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
1. TRIP orders are due (paper and online) this Thurs., Feb. 11th by 10 a.m.
2. Another Thank Scriping Day for extra bonus rebates for all of our online participants is coming up Feb. 18 and 19! Check out the rebates on shopwithscrip.com.
3. Colby Dental is no longer on our Voucher list for tuition credit.
4. Volunteers needed for TRIP teams. If you have an hour or two you can spare once a month to put together TRIP orders contact Ann Lynch, firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-838-0356, ext. 199, to get on a team. We need your help!
5. Current Bonus Rebates (week of Feb. 8): Build A Bear – 9%; Shutterfly – 11%.
6. TRIP Cash and Carry Gift Cards are available to purchase by contacting Ann at email@example.com or 219-838-0356, ext. 199.
7. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team C – Feb. 16; Team D – Feb. 23; Team A – Mar. 2; Team B – Mar. 9
1. We are back! Illiana Christian High School is hosting VIKING ACADEMY July 12 -30. Watch our website for details on all the exciting summer camps offered this year! Registration opens March 1. Contact Jenna Dutton if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Now Hiring: Grant Processing Specialist
Barnabas Foundation, a faith-based non-profit organization, seeks a Grant Processing Specialist to join
the finance team in its Crete, Illinois office. The Grant Processing Specialist administers grant distributions and member withdrawals for the ministry. Qualifications include: Committed Christian who exhibits a positive attitude and enjoys working with other team members; excellent customer service skills; an attention to detail and ability to multi-task in an organized manner; basic understanding of accounting and finance principles; excellent writing and verbal communication skills; excellent computer skills and proficient knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook. High school diploma required; college degree helpful, but not essential. Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com. To learn more about Barnabas Foundation and view details of the job description go to www.barnabasfoundation.com/careers.