PARENT NOTE – December 2, 2020
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
I hope your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break. Over the long weekend, I was able to spend time focusing on Psalm 17 which states, “I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.” We certainly have a good Father and much to celebrate!
More than ever before, we are grateful for the opportunity to learn at Highland Christian and for the staff that pours so much into the young hearts and minds of our students. It is for that reason I want to encourage students and families to participate in “A December of Thankfulness”. Each week, we will be celebrating the teachers and staff that have poured so much into our community.
• This Week – December 2 – 13: Thankfulness through Words
• Next Week – December 16 – 20: Thankfulness through Resources
For this week, we want to encourage our parents and students to communicate with the staff and teachers how their work is making a difference, something special that has stood out to you, or something you have really appreciated.
Here are some ideas:
• Dropping a note in the mail
• Writing a note for a teacher to find in their staff box
• Having a student deliver a special picture and message
• Anything creative you can think of!
In a season of challenge, these seemingly unimportant or little messages mean so much to the team. It is through the sharing of your heart that our teachers can be encouraged to continue their important work – helping our children see a glimpse of the King.
1. Welcome Back! We hope all of our HCS families had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
2. Retail Fund Raising Opportunities: Last quarter benefits were double the quarter before!!! THANK YOU!
Your purchase at AmazonSmile will earn Highland Christian School great rewards! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Highland Christian School when you select us as your charitable organization. HCS is listed as the Association for Christian Instruction.
3. Magazine Fund Raiser: Anyone can order or renew magazines at any time and the school will receive 40%. Just order magazine(s) and other items online at www.GAschoolstore.com and use the school code 2497394.
Click I’M READY TO SHOP. Enter school code 2497394. At “selecting student,” choose “SKIP THIS STEP.” Then enjoy your online shopping. Other gift items are also available.
1. Please Note: Our last TRIP order before Christmas is Thurs., Dec.10th. Online ordering is available 24/7 for escrip and reload cards. Contact Ann at the TRIP office for more information.
2. TRIP will offer Cash & Carry Gift Cards beginning Dec. 3rd. Contact Ann Lynch at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or at email@example.com to make an appointment for purchasing gift cards. Gift cards available to purchase:
Aeropostale $25, Amazon.com $10/$25/$100, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25, Arby’s $10, Aurelio’s Pizza $20, Bass Pro Shops $25, Bath & Body Works $10/$25, Bed, Bath & Beyond $25, Beggars Pizza $10, Buona Beef Rest. $10, Burger King $10, Cabela’s $25, Carters/Osh Kosh $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chili’s $25, Chipotle $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10, CVS Pharmacy $25, Dairy Queen $10, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Gap/Old Navy $25, Gordon’s $25, Hohman Floral $10, Jewel $25, Kohl’s $25/$100, Meijer $25/$50/$100, Menards $25/$100, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Outback $25, Panda Express $25, Panera Bread $10, Pizza Hut $10; Potbelly $10, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, ShutterFly $25, Speedway $25/$50, Starbucks $10/$25, Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50/$100, Subway $10, Taco Bell $10, Target $10/$25/$50,
Teibel’s $25, Texas Roadhouse $25, TGI Fridays $25, Walgreens $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50/$100, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10, Cascading Gift Card File $3.
3. TRIP orders are due (paper and online) this Thurs., Dec. 3rd by 10 a.m.
4. Current Bonus Rebates (week of Nov. 30): Aeropostale – 13%; Bass Pro Shops/Cabela’s – 12%; Bob Evan’s – 11%; Buca di Beppo – 10%; Buona Beef – 10%; Burlington – 10%; Chili’s – 17%; Express – 12%; Focus Brands – 8%; IHOP – 12%; Jiffy Lube – 17%; Landry’s Rest. – 11%; Lane Bryant – 10%; Lettuce Entertain You Rest. – 16%; Outback – 15%; staples – 7%; Steak N Shake – 12%; Texas Roadhouse – 9%; TGI Fridays – 13%; The Home Depot – 6%; Cold Stone Creamery – 15%; Red Robin – 10%; Starbucks – 8%; Shutterfly – 11%.
5. Team D (Shelly Witham, Shavonne Dennie, Mary Brinks, Amy Yonkman) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Wed., Dec. 2nd. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Wednesday by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – Dec. 8; Team B – Dec. 15: Team C – Jan. 12; Team D – Jan. 19
1. Wicker Park’s Annual Birthday Party for Jesus is tomorrow, Dec. 3 from 11-1 and 4:30-7. This year it will be a drive through event. There will be a live nativity, craft, a cookie give away and some surprises. Bring your gift for Jesus in the form of diapers or hygiene items. These will be donated to the Munster Salvation Army.