PARENT NOTE – November 23, 2020
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
As we enter into this three-day week, I want to reinforce some information that was sent out over the past two weeks. Thanksgiving Break has proactively been extended to ensure the highest levels of safety for on-site instruction. Our schedule for the next two weeks is as follows:
• Monday, November 23 & Tuesday, November 24 – Full Day
• Wednesday, November 25 – 1:45pm Dismissal (BAC offered)
• Thursday, November 26 – Tuesday, December 1 – Thanksgiving Break
• Wednesday, December 2 – Late Start (10am Start)
In other news, last week Wednesday, Lake County moved from the orange to the red on the state’s three-point metric. The qualifying factor that made this transition was a countywide positivity rate that increased beyond the 15% marker to 15.7%. Following the state’s recommendation, after-school activities will be tentatively paused (athletics and math pentathlon) until the county returns to the orange.
As we approach Thanksgiving and Christmas, I want to continue to encourage the HCS community to be mindful of the Health Department’s recommendations in terms of mask wearing and social distancing. We appreciate your support as we all continue to work together! To God be the glory!
1. Thanksgiving Break: School will dismiss at 1:45 this Wednesday and will resume next Wednesday, Dec. 2 at 10:00 a.m.. Aftercare will be provided this Wednesday. We pray that our HCS families have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!
2. Late Start Reminder: Next Wednesday, Dec. 2 is a late start day. School will begin at 10:00.
3. We are still accepting food and toiletries for Roseland Christian Ministries. Please help us bless others with these gifts.
4. The Auction Committee is seeking volunteers to help solicit donations for this year’s auction. If you are interested, please contact Amanda Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Highland Christian has a part-time job opening in Before/After Care. This is five days a week from 6:30-8:30 a.m. Please contact Kyle Weener if you are interested or would like more information.
1. PTO wishes everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving! We pray that everyone enjoys the break and spends time being thankful for the many blessing that we have!
1. Christmas is right around the corner so order your physical gift cards early!! Our last TRIP order before Christmas is Thurs., Dec.10th. Online ordering is available 24/7 for escrip and reload cards. Contact Ann at the TRIP office for more information on how to get connected for online scrip ordering.
2. TRIP will offer Cash & Carry Gift Cards beginning Dec. 3rd. Contact Ann Lynch at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or at email@example.com to make an appointment for purchasing gift cards. Look for a list of cards available to purchase in the Dec. 2nd Parent Note.
3. TRIP orders are due (paper and online) this Wednesday Nov. 25th by 10 a.m.
4. Current Bonus Rebates (week of Nov. 23): Cold Stone Creamery – 15%; Red Robin – 10%; Starbucks – 8%; Shutterfly – 11%.
5. Team C (April Vander Meyden, Jamie Vander Meyden, Laura McDonald, Amanda Porter) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Nov. 24th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – Dec. 1; Team A – Dec. 8; Team B – Dec. 15: Team C – Jan. 12
1. Plan now to join us, in person or virtually, at Preview Illiana on Thursday, December 3 at 7 p.m. Meet students, teachers, and staff, learn about our academic, extracurricular, and service opportunities, and experience Illiana’s mission to develop a passion for God, people, and the world. Register at https://ichs.io/PreviewFall20.
2. Wicker Park’s Annual Birthday Party for Jesus is Dec. 3 from 11-1 and 4:30-7. This year it will be a drive through event. There will be a live nativity, craft, a cookie give away and some surprises. Bring your gift for Jesus in the form of diapers or hygiene items. These will be donated to the Munster Salvation Army.