PARENT NOTE – September 21, 2020
“GO: Compelled By Love!”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
In guiding spiritual growth and academic advancement, Highland Christian must be intentional and purposeful in order to achieve the highest levels of growth. In pursuit of this goal, every day is planned with precision to maximize opportunities for every child to grow. Oftentimes, these Parent Note messages discuss academic achievement, but spiritual growth is the cornerstone of our mission and basis for our school’s existence. In our PLCs, we discuss how biblical integration is infused into daily content and student life. Ultimately, this leads to students recognizing how their faith pervades all of their life, especially in recognizing the constant goodness of God.
As Highland Christian School continues to partner with families and churches, we encourage our parents to:
1. Discuss how God is working in your life with your children.
2. Pray together – for your community, family, and needs.
3. Worship together – let your children hear your heart for the Lord.
4. Memorize together – imprint God’s word on your heart and mind.
Keep looking for God’s hand at work. His goodness is everywhere!
Mr. Kyle Weener
1. HCS Picture Day is next Tuesday, Sept. 29. This year Interstate Studio is requesting that parents order online at www.inter-state.com/order using order code 51212EB. If you are not able to order online, order forms are available in the HCS office. eLearning students may come at any time between 9:00 and 11:30 a.m. next Tuesday to have their picture taken. Please enter using the gym entrance.
2. See You at the Pole is this Wednesday, September 23 at 7:45 am. Please join us as we lift up our school, students, staff, community, churches, state, and country in prayer. During this time of uncertainty, we can have a sure confidence in a God who hears and answers prayer. We will begin on time so that we will be away from the doors before drop off begins. Furthermore, we will practice social distancing. Let’s pray that God will bring about revival, renewal, and restoration. II Kings 23:25
3. Smile.amazon.com donates 0.5% to Association for Christian Instruction
“Your purchase at AmazonSmile will earn Highland Christian School great rewards! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Highland Christian School when you select us as your charitable organization. HCS is listed as the Association for Christian Instruction.”
Magazine Fund Raiser
Anyone can order or renew magazines at any time and the school will receive 40%. Just order magazine(s) and other items online at www.GAschoolstore.com and use the school code 2497394. Click I’M READY TO SHOP. Enter school code 2497394. At “selecting student,” choose “SKIP THIS STEP.” Then enjoy your online shopping.
1. Candy Bar Sale Update: Overall, this year’s sales, given the current COVID situation, was a success!! Thank you to all of the families that supported this fundraiser! Funds raised go towards PTO events such as Muffins for Misses, Donuts for Dudes, Family Nights, supplies for teachers, and so much more!! Your support is greatly appreciated!! Please note there are still some sales that need to be turned in. Please return all candy bar sales this week. This is the final week that will count towards prizes. Thank you!!
2. Candy Bar Sale Prizes (from last year): Unfortunately, there were delays with the ice cream prizes from last year’s candy bar sales. We apologize for the delay, but everything has been worked out now. We will be handing out last year’s ice cream prizes this week. If your child sold candy last year, they will be coming home with a card this week. Please be on the lookout!
3. Thank you to all those that came out last week for Muffins for Misses!! It was a beautiful morning, and great to see so many huskies and their special ladies! We hope everyone enjoyed it!
4. PTO is still in need of 5 volunteers for this school year. PTO meets only once a month (Monday nights). Other responsibilities are around events such as Donuts for Dudes and our PTO dinner. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Rose Galvan. (email@example.com or 219-242-6342)
Monday, Sept. 21 – A soccer and volleyball practice– 3:30-5:00
Tuesday, Sept. 22 – B soccer and cross country practice – 3:30-5:00
Wednesday, Sept. 23 – A/B soccer and volleyball practice – 3:30-5:00
Thursday, Sept. 24 – A&B soccer vs. DeMotte – HOME – 3:30 & 5:00
Volleyball scrimmages – 3:30
1. Dekker Lighting has been added to the TRIP Voucher Program. Dekker Lighting is located at 2142 US – 41 in Schererville, 219-227-8520. Their rebate is 5% back on purchases. Contact Rhonda or Amy for more information on purchases.
2. Panda Express $25 (7%) and Walgreens $25/$100 (4%) have been added back to the TRIP order form.
3. TRIP orders are due (paper and online) this Thursday, Sept., 24th by 10 a.m.
4. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 9/21/20): Arby’s – 9%.
5. Team B (Amy Jellema, Lisa Long, Kristina Bullion) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Sept 22nd. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team C – Sept 29; Team D – Oct. 6; Team A – Oct. 13; Team B – Oct. 20