PARENT NOTE – April 20, 2020
“Blazin’ God’s Light”
Matthew 5: 15,16
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Over the past month, I have had the distinct privilege to observe the creativity, hard work, and innovation of all of our teachers as we continue this distance learning together. At home, I know you and your children are working just as hard to make this experience positive. We could not do this without your strong partnership. It takes a team to continue high levels of learning.
As we continue with our distance learning together, here are a few tips to help you at home:
1. Have a routine that you consistently follow.
• (What time does school work for the day begin? Is there a consistent place in your home where students can focus and complete their work?)
2. Involve students in the decision making.
• (Let your child decide what subject they would like to start with)
3. Find a way to keep student work organized.
• (Organization will be key to your child’s success. Having a system will help the work be less overwhelming.)
4. Praise your children for the work they are doing!
• (At school, we shoot for a 4:1 model – four praises for every one corrective statement.)
As you ask these questions at home, we continue to assess and review the feedback you provided last week. We were happy to receive just under one hundred responses! With these responses, the administrative team will be reviewing your answers so that we can successfully and effectively support you. As I have mentioned numerous times this year, “Feedback is the breakfast of champions”.
We appreciate you, your strong partnership, and the persistence shown by our cherished students.
Keep up the great work!
Kyle Weener – Principal
1. Mark your calendars! 8th Grade Graduation will be held on Saturday, July 11 at 2:00 p.m. at Faith Church-Highland Campus.
2. Family Devotion Calendar link for this week: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11U1zXqCpl97JrN4Y3CdZoQmDeoIM1nJzlAl7bdSgJgk/edit?usp=sharing
1. Hi everyone! We miss seeing you here at school! The TRIP program is here for you during this crazy time! We are not doing weekly orders, but those of you who have signed up for online ordering for escrip and reload cards are able to do so 24/7. The last online order you can place before I do quarterly reports is Sunday, April 26th. Check your May tuition statement for your TRIP credit. If you haven’t signed up for online ordering but would like to or you have a question about TRIP, please contact Ann Lynch at 219-838-0356, ext. 199, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.