PARENT NOTE – April 13, 2020
“Blazin’ God’s Light”
Matthew 5: 15,16
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
It was wonderful to see you at this past Wednesday’s Pick-Up/Drop-Off event at school. With over 97% participation, I was very proud of our community’s response and the steady support they provide for our students. During this time of adversity, we are seeing how strong and committed our teachers, parents, and students are. I want to encourage you to continue the good work that you are doing at home. Through the partnership of teacher-led instruction, parent support, and Zoom communication, our students are making steady strides towards their unique and individualized goals. When other institutions have called it quits, we have risen to the occasion, stepping up to the challenge, and pulled together to do the best for our beloved students and children.
Later this week, parents will be given the opportunity to respond to a K-8 survey about our transition to eLearning. It is our strong desire to best partner with our parents and students. Part of growing is asking tough questions, evaluating our practice, and hearing what is going well and where we can continue to improve. I am looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Keep up the great work, Huskies!
Kyle R. Weener – Principal
1. In the event that you are experiencing financial hardship due to a loss of employment or other extenuating circumstances, please communicate with the Finance Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Funds have been allocated to support those who have been heavily impacted by COVID-19.
2. Here is the link for our Family Devotion Calendar for this week: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vxIfLBL3qj2blyL8P0XoxMZbS1aZ0S2rFA9Mog7jSMk/edit?usp=sharing
3. Hot Lunch Information: Lunch cards will be carried forward into the 2020-2021 school year. Cards may also be transferred between siblings. If you have any questions you may email Donna Meter at Lunchprogram@highlandchristian.org.
4. Calendar Update:
• The Annual HCS Society Meeting has been rescheduled for Monday, June 8.
• The HCS Auction will be held on Saturday, June 6. Please watch for additional information coming in the next month.
• 8th Grade Graduation is being rescheduled to July. More information will be coming later this week.
1. If your family is in need of food assistance during this difficult time, the Food Bank of Northwest Indiana’s Mobile Market is available to all Northwest Indiana residents. For more information please go to: https://foodbanknwi.org/programs/families/mobile-pantries/marketplace/
2. The following link is additional resources for our families in Northwest Indiana: