PARENT NOTE – December 16, 2019
“Blazin’ God’s Light”
Matthew 5: 15,16
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Dear Parents and Guardians:
In last week’s message, I successfully blew my cover as a Lions fan when I mistakenly called Mitch Trubisky – Matt Trubisky. As a Michigan native, your grace is appreciated. As we enter into the last week of the 2019 school year, I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We are a better place with you as a part of our community.
As we enter the season of giving, I will encourage you and your family to consider how you can make a difference in someone else’s life during this season. How rewarding it is to bless others with the gifts, talents, and resources God has entrusted us with.
Mr. Weener, Principal
1. Important Reminder: School will dismiss this Friday, Dec. 20 at 1:45 p.m. for the Christmas holiday and will resume on Monday, Jan. 7. Please note: There will be aftercare on Dec. 20. We pray that our HCS families have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year! School resumes on Jan. 6.
2. Everyone is invited to our Christmas Chapel this Friday, Dec. 20 at 8:40 a.m.
3. This Wednesday is Ugly Sweater Day at HCS and this Friday is Red and Green Day. These days are optional and scheduled only to have fun!
4. Lost & Found: Stop in and check out the lost & found table by the office. All items left after Friday will be given to etc…Thrift Store.
5. Gap Gifts: Students have the opportunity to let God’s light shine around the world this Christmas. The Christmas tree in the main hallway is decorated with gift tags of ducks, chickens, goats, calves, beehives, and tools. Each of these gifts can repair harm and help build up communities in Jesus’ name. By choosing a gift tag or tags from the tree, we do good deeds that give glory to our Father in Heaven. What will you do to help shine God’s light throughout the world? Gifts need to be brought to school by Friday, December 20. Checks should be written to World Renew.
1. Save the date for Family Game Night on Jan 17. Watch these announcements and the Facebook page for more details coming soon!
2. Bulls tickets are IN! You may pick them up on Tuesday from 2:30-3:30pm, Wednesday from 8-9am or 2:30-3:30pm or Friday from 1-1:45pm. If any of these times don’t work for you, please contact Liz St. George. No tickets will be sent home with students.
3. If you placed a Merch Sale order, make sure you check your email for additional information!
4. Thank you for everyone who donated for the Staff Appreciation Breakfast on Dec 4. They all enjoyed the great start to their day!
TRIP CASH & CARRY STORE
1. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store is this Thurs., Dec. 19th from 8:15 to 9 a.m. Gift Cards available to purchase: Aeropostale $25, Amazon.com $10/$25/$100, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25, Arby’s $10, Aurelio’s Pizza $20, Bass Pro Shops $25, Baker’s Square $25, Bath & Body Works $10/$25, Beggars Pizza $10, Bed, Bath & Beyond $25, Best Buy $25, Buona Beef Rest. $10, Cabela’s $25, Carters/Osh Kosh $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chili’s $25, Chipotle $10, Cold Stone Creamery $10, Cracker Barrel $10/$25, Culver’s $10, CVS $25, Dairy Queen $10, Disney $25, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Family Video $10, Fannie May $10, Gap/Old Navy $25, Gordon’s $25, Hallmark $25, Hohman Floral $10, JCPenney $25, Jewel $25, Jiffy Lube $30, JoAnn’s – $25; Kohl’s $25/$100, Lettuce Entertain U $25, Meijer $25/$50, Menards $25/$100, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Olive Garden $25, Outback $25, Panera Bread $10/$25, Pizza Hut $10; Potbelly $10, Qdoba Mex. Grill $25, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, ShutterFly $25, Speedway $25/$50, Starbucks $10/$25, Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50/$100, Subway $10, SweetFrog $10, Taco Bell $10, Target $25, Teibel’s $25, Texas Roadhouse $25, TGI Fridays $25, The Home Depot $25, TJ Maxx $25, Ulta Beauty $25, Walgreens $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10, Cascading Gift Card File $3
RETAIL FUND RAISING OPPORTUNITIES
1. Smile.amazon.com donates 0.5% to Association for Christian Instruction
“Your purchase at AmazonSmile will earn Highland Christian School great rewards! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Highland Christian School when you select us as your charitable organization. HCS is listed as the Association for Christian Instruction.” HCS has earned $954.46 to date!
2. Magazine Fund Raiser
Anyone can order or renew magazines at any time and the school will receive 40%. Just order magazine(s) and other items online at www.GAschoolstore.com and use the school code 2497394. Click SHOP NOW. Enter school code 2497394. At “selecting student,” choose “skip this step.” Then enjoy your online shopping.
3. Office Depot “Give Back to Schools”
Every time schools, teachers, students, parents and school supporters give our school’s 5% Back to Schools Program ID number 70036301 when buying school and office supplies at Office Depot, we receive credits equal to 5% of the qualifying purchases to use for free supplies.
1. The TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store is this Thurs., Dec. 19th from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
2. No TRIP orders due this week for physical cards. Next TRIP order due will be on Jan. 9th. Just a reminder online ordering for Escrip and Reload cards using the PrestoPay option is available 24/7!
3. Need to sign up for online ordering? Contact the TRIP office for more information (219-838-0356, ext. 199 or firstname.lastname@example.org ).
4. Team D (Shelly Witham, Shavonne Dennie, Amy Yonkman, Mary Brinks) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Dec. 17th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
5. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – Jan. 14; Team B – Jan. 21; Team C – Jan 28; Team D – Feb. 11
6. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your holiday.
1. Wednesday, Dec. 18 – 8th Boys Semifinals at Crown Point Christian – times TBA
Thursday, Dec. 19 – 8th Boys Championship Game at Calvary Academy – times TBA