PARENT NOTE – September 16, 2019
“Blazin’ God’s Light”
Matthew 5: 15,16
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Dear Parents and Guardians,
If a baseball player is struggling to hit the ball, do you spend time working on batting or catching skills? A quality coach will identify the needs of the players and deliver the instruction needed to show improvement. This is a sign of an exemplary coach.
Over the next week, the students will finish taking the NWEA-MAP tests. These tests are essential to our instructional process, as it informs the teachers how to best target the instruction for each unique child. At Highland Chrisitian, we individually differentiate to provide each child with the instruction he or she needs to become more successful in and out of the classroom.
Thank you for your partnership by making sure your child arrives to school on-time, seeks to do their best, and approaches all work with a growth mindset.
Blessings Always –
Kyle R. Weener
1. HCS Picture Day: Tomorrow, Sept. 17, Interstate Studio will be taking the school pictures of our kdg. through 8th grade students. Please send the order form back with your child on Picture Day. If your child forgets his/her order form, you may order your pictures online at inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/40554CF
2. Grandparents Day is Friday, Oct. 11 and invitations will be mailed to all the grandparents next week. If your child’s grandparent information has changed since last year, please contact the school office. New Families: Please send your child’s grandparent information to the office as soon as possible so we can add them to our list.
3. See You at the Pole: Next Wednesday, Sept. 25 at 7:45 a.m. we are gathering around the HCS flagpole to pray for our nation, school, friends, and family. Everyone is invited to come and pray with us!
4. Homemade vanilla is for sale in the office for all your baking needs. If you have any empty 8, 10 or 12 ounce glass jars, please send them to the office, The Starbucks Frappuccino jars work great and we can also use the 4 bottle cardboard carrier.
1. Muffins for Misses is this Friday, Sept. 20 from 7:30-8:30 a.m. in the gym. All Huskies may bring a special lady – whether it’s a mom, aunt, grandma, family friend or neighbor for muffins, coffee, fellowship and fun. Afterwards, if you are able, please join the ladies prayer group as they pray for our HCS Community.
1. Monday, Sept. 16 – Cross Country Meet at Heritage Protestant Reformed School – 4:30 start
Tuesday, Sept. 17 – A soccer vs. Calvary Academy – AWAY – 4:00
7th & 8th volleyball vs. Calvary Academy – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
Thursday, Sept. 19 – A&B soccer vs. Tinley Park – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
7th & 8th volleyball vs. Tinley Park – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
Friday, Sept. 20 – Boys & Girls Cross Country vs. St. Thomas More at White Oak Park – 5:00 start
1. Aurelio’s Pizza and Beggar’s Pizza are new additions to TRIP! Aurelio’s comes in a $20 physical card denomination with a 10% bonus rebate. Beggar’s Pizza comes in a $10 physical card denomination with a 10% bonus rebate. These will be available to purchase with this week’s TRIP order.
2. The TRIP program is in need of volunteers! Volunteers work once a month for up to two hours. Contact Ann Lynch at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or email email@example.com for more information.
3. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 9/16): Arby’s – 9%; Boston Market – 13%; Cold Stone Creamery – 15%; Shutterfly – 11%; Sweet Frog – 14%.
4. TRIP orders (online and paper orders) are due this Thursday Sept. 19th by 10 a.m.
5. Team C (April Vander Meyden, Laura McDonald, Amanda Porter, Jamie Vander Meyden) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Sept. 17th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – Sept. 24; Team A – Oct. 1; Team B – Oct. 8; Team C – Oct 15