PARENT NOTE – April 29, 2019
“Run YOUR Race”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
A huge thanks to Joe and Amanda Porter and the whole Auction Committee for a great event on Saturday! The generosity of this community continues to be a tremendous attribute of HCS and the students are the ones who benefit! The funds that were given during the “Fund the Need” portion of the evening will contribute to our classrooms being places of learning – and help students develop collaboration skills and more fully embrace their own learning.
ILEARN continues this week with 5th-8th grade students. The kids are really working hard on this – so I thank you for your support! One more reminder, because of ILEARN there is NO Late Start on Wednesday.
1. Important Reminder: There is no late start this Wednesday, May 1.
2. The Highland Christian School Annual Society Meeting will be held next Monday, May 6 at 7:30 p.m. in the school gym. On the agenda will be the election of three school board members: Jim Bandstra, Nancy Scheeringa and John Stammis, and the approval of the 2019/2020 budget. The Society Meeting Agenda is available at www.highlandchristian.org and printed copies of the agenda and absentee ballots are available in the school office.
1. Monday, April 29 – The Illiana Track Meet scheduled for today is cancelled.
Wednesday, May 1 – Illiana Track Meet – 4:00 start – this is the make-up day for April 29.
1. ThankScriping Day is coming up Mon., May 13th for all of our shopwithscrip.com participants. There will be extra bonus rebates from many retailers for ScripNow and Reload gift certificates. Not enrolled for online gift card purchasing? Contact the TRIP office at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or email@example.com for more information.
2. TRIP orders (online and paper orders) are due this Thursday May 2nd by 10 a.m.
3. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 4/29): Arby’s – 9%; Barnes & Noble – 12%; Bob Evans – 11%; Burlington – 10%;Express – 11%; Jiffy Lube – 9%; Sally Beauty Supply – 13%; Bath & Body Works – 16%; Bed, Bath & Beyond – 7%; L.L. Bean – 16%; Landry’s Rest. – 9%.
4. Bonus Rebates (week of 5/6): Boston Market – 13% and Outback – 11%.
5. Team D (Shelly Witham, Amy Yonkman, Shavonne Dennie, Mary Brinks) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Apr. 30th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up in the school office by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – May 7; Team B – May 14; Team C – May 21; Team D – May 28
7. The next TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store is May 16th from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
1. National Day of Prayer – Thursday, May 2. Please be in prayer for our nation. This is a great privilege that we cannot take for granted. Suburban Bible Church is having an open house prayer meeting from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on that day. Everyone is welcome to join others in prayer at any time throughout the day.