PARENT NOTE – March 18, 2019
“Run YOUR Race”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
I have three important items to share with you today:
1. I hope to see many of you at Dan Landstra’s presentation, “Growing Up in the Digital Age: Raising Generation Z”. The presentation will be in our gym at 7:00 pm this Wednesday.
2. State testing has begun! This week is IREAD for 3rd Graders. ILEARN for Grades 3 – 8 will be from April 22 – May 17. Here is link to an ILEARN informational sheet put out by the state for parents:
Here is the Spanish version:
3. Thanks for listening! Pick-up has gone better and the westbound center lane has remained clear, due to staggering your arrival!
1. PTO Movie Night is this Friday, March 22 – doors open at 6:15 and the movie begins at 6:30. Come out with the family in your PJs to this free event! Bring your blankets and pillows to relax on the gym floor and watch the featured movie: The Lion King! A parent or guardian must attend with their student.
2. Please support our school by collecting and asking your friends and family to collect Box Tops for Education. Any Box Tops sent in to your child’s classroom by Friday, March 29th, will count toward the March Collection Contest. The winning classroom will receive a surprise treat and the right to display the Box Tops Trophy for the month of April. Box Tops are worth 10 cents each! Also keep an eye out for Bonus Box Tops found on products you buy and on your store receipts. Thanks for helping to fund reading programs at HCS!
3. There’s two weeks left for early enrollment. Early enrollment and payment in full of your August bill by 8/15/19 qualifies you for a credit of $50.
TRIP CASH & CARRY GIFT CARD STORE
1. The TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store – Thurs., Mar., 21st from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
Bonus Rebate Cards for store: Aeropostale $25 – 13%; Applebee’s $25 – 13%; Bass Pro Shops $25 – 11%;
Bath & Body Works $10/$25 – 17%; Best Buy $25 – 4%; Bob Evans $10 – 12%; Cold Stone Creamery $10 – 26%; Disney $25 – 4%; Fannie May $10 – 23%; JCPenney $25 – 8%; Jiffy Lube $30 – 10%; Potbelly $10 – 9%; Taco Bell $10 – 6%; The Children’s Place $25 – 15%; The Home Depot $25 – 7%.
Cards available to purchase: Aeropostale $25, Amazon.com $25, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25,
Baker’s Square $25, Bass Pro Shops $25, Bath & Body Works $10/$25, Best Buy $25, Bob Evans $10,
Buona Beef Rest. $10, Carters/Osh Kosh $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chili’s $25, Chipotle $10, Cold Stone Creamery $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10, CVS $25, Dairy Queen $10, Disney $25, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Family Video $10, Fannie May $10, Gap/Old Navy $25, Gordon’s $25, Hohman Floral $10, IHOP $10, JCPenney $25, Jiffy Lube $30, Kohl’s $25/$100, Meijer $25/$50, Menards $25/$100, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Noodles & Co. $25, Olive Garden $25, Outback $25, Panera Bread $10/$25, Papa John’s Pizza $10, Pizza Hut $10, Potbelly $10, Qdoba Mex. Grill $25, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, Sanfratello’s $20, Shell $50, Speedway $25/$50, Starbucks $10, Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50/$100, Subway $10, Taco Bell $10, Target $25, Teibel’s $25, Texas Roadhouse $25, TJ Maxx $25, The Children’s Place $25, The Home Depot $25, Ulta Beauty $25, Walgreens $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10, Cascading Gift Card File $3.
1. Calling all handy persons! We received a HUGE donation of boxed stools and chairs that need to be put together ASAP! If you have a few hours to spare would you PLEASE consider donating your time to help us put these together? Feel free to come anytime we are open: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10-4 and Tuesday and Thursday from 10-7. Thank you in advance for your help!
2. etc needs donations of household goods! If you have any small kitchen electronics, dishes, silverware, knick-knacks, decor items, utensils, plastic containers, pots and pans, metal or glass bakeware, or anything of the like, please put those items in the etc trailer located at school or drop them off at the store. Thank you!
3. Save the Date! The all school sort night is next Tuesday, March 26 from 6-8 pm. If you weren’t able to make it on the designated night for your child’s grade, this date is for you! Or if you simply wouldn’t mind helping etc on one more evening, we would love to have you!
1. Mark your calendars – you won’t want to miss the Junior High Musical, Fiddler on the Roof Jr. on March 28 & 29! Tickets may be purchased at the door for the March 28 performance and Dinner Theatre tickets for the March 29 performance will go on sale tomorrow in the school office. Be a part of “tradition”!
1. This is the last call for Read-a-Thon money.
1. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store: this Thursday Mar. 21st from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
2. 1 TRIP order left to place a gift card order before Spring break! TRIP orders (paper and online) are due this Thursday, March 21st by 10 a.m. Online scrip ordering is available 24/7! For more information about online scrip ordering contact the TRIP office at 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or email@example.com and a volunteer will get back to you.
3. Current Bonus Rebates (week of Mar. 18): Chipotle – 11%; Game Stop – 5%; JCPenney – 5%; Shutterfly – 11%; The Home Depot – 6%; Domino’s – 10%; Red Robin – 10%; TGI Fridays – 9%.
4. Team D (Shelly Witham, Linda Balkema, Amy Yonkman) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Mar. 19. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up on Tuesday in the school office by 2:45 p.m.
5. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – Mar. 26; Team B – Apr. 16; Team C – Apr. 23; Team D – Apr. 30
1. Moms – looking to make some extra money while the kids are at school? Dunhill Cleaners is looking for extra shirt and pant pressers for prom season. Hours are flexible, Monday through Friday (no weekends!). We can start training in March, and the season lasts until school ends for summer break. There is a possibility of staying on after the season if desired. Call 838-1250 or stop in the cleaners for more details.