PARENT NOTE – October 15, 2018
“Run YOUR Race”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
I hope you received a good report about Grandparents Day! We had a wonderful time here – and the Grandparents were very gracious about our new schedule.
Are you getting Monday messages from your child’s teachers? I hope so – as that is the way you will receive information about our October 24th eLearning Day. Please let your child’s teacher know if she or he will not have access to the internet that day.
1. Parent Performance of the K-5 Grandparents’ Day program is this evening, Oct. 15 beginning at 7:00 p.m. All HCS families are invited! Students should dress as if they are going to run a race and be in their classrooms by 6:45 p.m. Please note – this is a required performance for all K-5 students.
2. Parent/Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 8 from 2:00-4:30 and again from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Specific times are being scheduled for grades K-5. The Parent Teacher Conference Sign-Up Form is being sent home with all K-5 students today. Please fill out this form to let us know if you need a time slot before the supper break or after the supper break. If we do not receive a form back from you, we will assume any time is okay. If you only have a junior high student, you do not have to fill out this form. More information will be sent home next week regarding the junior high conference schedule. If you cannot make a Thursday conference, please contact your child’s teacher to schedule one on a different day. Please return this form to the office by this Friday, Oct. 19.
3. It’s Box Tops submission time! Help our school earn cash by clipping Box Tops from products and sending them to school! Each one is worth 10¢ and supports the Accelerated Reading Program. Please send in your Box Tops before October 19th so they can be included in our school’s December check. Your students’ homeroom will also win a prize for collecting the most in October! Thanks for helping!
4. The Apple Slice Fundraisers to support Grandparents’ Day was a huge success! Thank you to all you volunteered and placed orders! If you volunteered and did not pick up your pan of apple slices yet, please let the office know. If you placed an order, please pick up your apple slices in the office soon. We have a limited number of pans left for sale for $10 along with freezer bags of crumb topping to add to your holiday baking for just $1.
TRIP CASH & CARRY STORE
1. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store – Thurs., Oct. 18 from 8:15 to 9 a.m. If you are not available during that time period call or email the TRIP office at 219-838-0356 or email@example.com and a volunteer will get back to you.
Cards available to purchase: Amazon.com $10/$25, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25, Baker’s Square $25, Bath & Body Works $10/$25, Buca di Beppo Rest. $25, Buffalo Wild Wings $10, Carters/Osh Kosh $25, CVS $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Culver’s $10, Dairy Queen $10, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Gordon’s $25, Hohman Floral $10, Home Depot $25, IHOP $10, Jewel $25, Kmart $25, Kohl’s $25, Lane Bryant/Catherine’s $25, Meijer $25/$50, Menard’s $25, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Noodles & Co. $25, Olive Garden $25, Outback $25, Panera Bread $10, Papa John’s Pizza $10, Potbelly $10, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, Sanfratello’s $20, Shutterfly $25, Speedway $25, Starbucks $10, Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50, Subway $10,Target $25, Teibel’s $25, TGI Fridays $25, Walgreens $25, Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10.
1. Thank you Huskies for all your hard work selling coupon cards! We raised $4,672 because of you! This money will be used for classrooms and activities throughout HCS. Well done!
1. Attention all 6th graders and parents! It’s your turn……etc sort nights are back! The 6th grade sort night is Thursday, Oct.18th from 6:00-8:00 pm. etc is a resale shop that benefits Highland Christian and we need your help! Come out for a few hours to help sort through new donations. If you are unable to come during your child’s specific grade’s night, you may come to any other sort night! Parents who participate in sort night will receive an etc gift certificate and the student will receive a dilly bar at the end of the year!
1. Due to our fall break and eLearning Day, next week’s TRIP order is due on Tues., Oct 23rd by 10 a.m.
2. Wendy’s gift cards percentage has increased to 6% starting immediately.
3. Current week’s Bonus Rebates (10/15/18): Jewel – 5%; Bath & Body Works – 16%; TGI Fridays – 9%.
4. Next week’s Bonus Rebates (10/22/18): Bed, Bath & Beyond – 7%; JCPenney – 5%.
5. TRIP orders are due (paper and online orders) this Thurs., Oct. 18th by 10:00 a.m.
6. Team A (Julie Sitter, Cheryl Filler, Lupe Morales, Tori Smits) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Oct. 16th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up on Tuesday in the school office by 2:45 p.m.
7. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team B – Oct 23; Team C – Oct. 30; Team D – Nov. 6; Team A – Nov. 13. Next TRIP Cash & Carry Store will be Thurs., Oct. 18th from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
1. New Life CRC (3010 Ridge Road, Highland, IN) will be hosting a Cadet Pancake Breakfast this Saturday, October 20th from 7-10 am. What better way to start off a fall weekend than by satisfying your appetite with hot fluffy pancakes and sausage while supporting the New Life Cadet Club! Donations for the Club will be gladly accepted at the door.
2. New Life CRC (3010 Ridge Road, Highland, IN) will be hosting Trunk or Treat on Wednesday, October 31 from 5-7 pm. This is a safe and fun alternative to trick or treating! We will have decorated cars with trunks of candy and treats along with a refreshment table! Don’t forget your costumes!