PARENT NOTE – October 1, 2018
“Run YOUR Race”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Hard to believe we are starting October already, but here we are!
Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement of our first jog-a-thon – it was amazing! I look forward to sharing our totals with you, progress on gaga ball, and an announcement about with whom we will be sharing the funds. There were many great things about the day, but one of the best things I saw was the Primary Students using their recess time to cheer on the other runners from the playground. We constantly tell our students that they can positively impact each other by encouragement and it was great to see them doing just that!
Reminder: Wednesday is our October Late Start Day. Classes begin at 10:00 am.
1. This Wednesday, Oct. 3 is a late start day. School will begin at 10:00 a.m.
2. Grandparents’ Day invitations were mailed last week. If your child’s grandparents do not receive one, please extend an invitation to them. Grandparents’ Day is Friday, Oct. 12, doors open at 10:00 a.m. and lunch will be served from 10:30 – 11:15. Please note that this is a new schedule and school will dismiss at 1:45 p.m. There is no hot lunch on that day – students should bring their lunch from home.
3. Highland Christian School has openings for substitute teachers and substitute before and after school staff. Please send a resume and letter of interest to Principal Bob Payne at email@example.com.
1. Volunteers needed! Do you love to redecorate your house? Do you love matching outfits and accessories? If so, we need you! etc is looking for volunteers 2-3 Mondays a month for just a few hours to help reset displays in the store. Contact Beth at 219-865-5400 if you are interested!
Wednesday, Oct. 3 – Crown Point Christian Invitational Cross Country Meet – 4:30 start
Thursday, Oct. 4 – 7th & 8th volleyball vs. Crown Point – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
A&B soccer vs. Crown Point – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
Friday, Oct. 5 – Cross Country vs. St. Thomas More at Erie/Lackawanna Trails – girls @ 4:00, boys @ 4:15
1. With the upcoming holiday seasons approaching take advantage of using gift cards for all of your purchases. Sign up for TRIP today and start earning tuition credit by buying physical gift cards or use your smartphone for buying online gift cards through the shopwithscrip.com website! Either way your rebates will help offset your tuition bill. For more information pick up a TRIP Information packet at the TRIP office or call TRIP at 219-838-0356 or email TRIP at firstname.lastname@example.org and a volunteer will get back to you.
2. Current week’s Bonus Rebates (10/1/18): Domino’s – 11%; Hallmark – 5%; L.L. Bean – 16%.
3. Next week’s Bonus Rebates (10/6/18): Bath & Body Works – 16%; TGI Fridays – 9%.
4. TRIP orders are due (paper and online orders) this Thurs., Oct. 4th by 10:00 a.m.
5. Team C (Tina Hoeksema, April Vander Meyden, Laura McDonald, Amanda Porter) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Oct. 2nd. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up on Tuesday in the school office by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – Oct. 9; Team A – Oct. 16; Team B – Oct 23. Team C – Oct. 30. Next TRIP Cash & Carry Store will be Thurs., Oct. 18th from 8:15 to 9 a.m.
1. The Second Annual Mommy’s Haven Superhero Event sponsored by Pathway Church will be held on Saturday, October 13 from 11:00 am. – 3:00 pm. at Crown Point Christian School, 10550 Park Place, St. John, IN (in the gates of St. John Subdivision). This action packed day will include lunch, superheroes, games and activities, Culver’s, Chick-fil-A, Hometown Heroes K-9 Unit and more! Child tickets (over 2 years) are $15 each which includes lunch and all listed activities; adult tickets are $5 each which includes lunch. All ages are welcome and costumes are encouraged! Tickets are on sale at mommyshaven.org.
2. New Life CRC (3010 Ridge Road, Highland, IN) will be hosting a Cadet Pancake Breakfast on Saturday, October 20th from 7-10 am. What better way to start off a fall weekend than by satisfying your appetite with hot fluffy pancakes and sausage while supporting the New Life Cadet Club! Donations for the Club will be gladly accepted at the door.
3. New Life CRC (3010 Ridge Road, Highland, IN) will be hosting Trunk or Treat on Wednesday, October 31 from 5-7 pm. This is a safe and fun alternative to trick or treating! We will have decorated cars with trunks of candy and treats along with a refreshment table! Don’t forget your costumes!