PARENT NOTE – August 27, 2018
“Run YOUR Race”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Dear Parents and Guardians,
By now you are probably aware that our theme this year is Hebrews 12:1b – Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us…” There are many take-aways for us in the verse – and we will enjoy unpacking it this year. One part of the metaphor that is helpful right now is to compare the start of our year to tryouts, except that everyone will make the team. During tryouts, coaches can tell a lot about their players, and in the same way, teachers are learning about their students. Are there things about your child that would be helpful for his or her teacher to know? If so, I encourage you to reach out to them as you start this partnership for school year 2018-19.
Speaking of the partnership – thank you for adapting to the changes to the Ice-cream social last week. I received positive reports about the benefits of connecting parents and teachers early in the year – but obviously, I have work to do on the part with the kids in the gym. I apologize that it did not run as smoothly as I had hoped.
We are glad to be back to school and are looking forward to a great year of learning!
1. Reminder: There is no school on Labor Day, Sept. 3.
2. Just for clarification – The HCS Before and After School Program hours begin at 6:30 a.m. and end at 6:00 p.m.
INDIANA CHOICE NEWS
1. If you need to apply for an IN CHOICE Scholarship for the 2018/19 School Year, you MUST meet with Lisa Long by Friday, August 31st. Please see the Resource Board entitled Indiana CHOICE for details about how to qualify. Then contact Lisa at (219)838-0356 x 168 or email@example.com.
1. The PTO Coupon Card Sale will begin August 31. An order form and additional information will be sent home with the students this Friday. Order forms can be turned in as many times as needed until September 14 so you can deliver them to your recipients’ hands as soon as possible. Additional order forms will be available in the office. Cards are great for friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors, or buy a few and bless others with them! Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office. Thank you!
TRIP CASH & CARRY STORE
1. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store – Thurs., Aug 30 from 8:15 – to 9 a.m. (no afternoon store). If you can’t come during that time period call or email the TRIP office and leave a message.
Amazon.com $10/$25/$100, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25, Baker’s Square $25, Bath & Body Works $10/$25, Buca di Beppo Rest. $25, Buffalo Wild Wings $10, Carters/Osh Kosh $25, CVS $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chipotle $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10, Dairy Queen $10, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Gap/Old Navy $25, Gordon’s $25, Hohman Floral $10, Home Depot $25, IHOP $10, iTunes $25, Jewel $25, Kmart $25, Kohl’s $25/$100, Lane Bryant/Catherine’s $25, Meijer $25/$50, Menard’s $25/$100, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Noodles & Co. $25, Olive Garden $25, Outback $25, Panera Bread $10, Papa John’s Pizza $10, Potbelly $10, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, Sanfratello’s $20, Shutterfly $25, Speedway $25, Starbucks $10,
Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50, Subway $10, Target $25, Teibel’s $25, TGI Fridays $25, Walgreens $25,
Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10.
1. It’s back…….The long awaited, much anticipated Bag Sale! Fill our bag with men’s, women’s and kid’s clothing for just $10!!! This sale runs August 27th through Sept 1st. New clothing will be put out daily! Stop by and see us! 1650 U.S Rt. 41, Schererville, IN. Store hours are Monday-Saturday 10-4. (Spirit wear is excluded from the sale.)
1. Thursday, August 30 – A&B soccer vs. Oak Lawn – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
7th & 8th volleyball vs. Oak Lawn – AWAY – 4:00 & 5:00
1. TRIP Cash & Carry Store is this Thurs., Aug. 30 from 8:15 a.m. to 9 a.m. If you can’t come during that time period call or email the TRIP office and leave a message.
2. For those of you not familiar with TRIP, TRIP is a gift card buying program. We buy the gift cards you order at a discount and you receive the discount to help offset your tuition bill on a quarterly basis. Need more information? Pick up a TRIP Information packet at the TRIP office or call TRIP at 219-838-0356 or email TRIP at email@example.com and a volunteer will get back to you.
3. Online ordering using the shopwithscrip.com PrestoPay option is available year round for ScripNow, Reload and ReloadNow. Contact the TRIP office for more information.
4. TRIP orders are due (paper and online orders) this Thurs., Aug. 30th by 10:00 a.m.
5. Team B (Amy Jellema, Liz St. George, Lisa Long) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues. Aug. 28th. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up Tues. in the school office by 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team C – Sept. 4; Team D – Sept. 11; Team A – Sept. 25; Team B – Oct. 2