PARENT NOTE – August 21, 2018
“Run YOUR Race”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Day One of our students running their race begins today! The learning standards on the handouts you received last night tell you what the finish line looks like. We are glad to partner with you in helping your children run the race that God has marked out for them.
I hope you enjoyed your time with the teachers last evening – sorry for the challenging start – I really underestimated the time it would take to get the students into their groups. Now I have a great example to share with students about learning from mistakes!
Here we go!
1. Welcome back! It’s so great to see our HCS students and families and hope all of you had a great summer! We thank God for all of you and ask for His blessings on this new school year.
2. There is a 1:45 dismissal today, August 21.
3. Technology Meeting – Thursday, August 23 at 7:00 p.m. Attention all 6th grade parents and parents of new 7th and 8th grade students: In order for your child to receive their MacBook, you will need to attend a meeting on Thursday, August 23rd at 7:00pm in the HCS gym. Be sure to bring:
*The Technology Acceptable Use form that your child will receive on the 1st day of school.
*If you did NOT attend the Protect Young Eyes presentation in May, you will need to complete and bring the Webquest form listed under the Back To School links at the right side of the page.
4. Reminder: The Parent Note will be posted in onCampus under the Resources tab on the first school day of every week. This note is where you will find important information on what is happening at HCS every week – don’t forget to log in and view it!
5. Birthday Treat Policy: All birthday treats should be sent to school individually wrapped so that they can be sent home.
6. PTO welcomes you back! We hope you all had a great summer and we look forward to doing some great things with you this year.
7. Women’s Prayer Group meets every Friday morning at 8:30 in the HCS conference room during the school year. All women (moms, aunts, grandmas, etc.) as well as younger siblings are invited to join us as we pray for our students, families, school and nation.
1. The PTO Coupon Card Sale will begin August 31. An order form and 2 cards will be sent home this week. Order forms can be turned in as many times as needed until September 14 so you can deliver them to your recipients’ hands as soon as possible. Additional order forms will be available in the office. Cards are great for friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors, or buy a few and bless others with them! Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office. Thank you!
1. Welcome back Husky Pack! etc is now carrying your Spirit Wear…..in stock and available to try on for same day purchasing, no ordering required! Stop by to purchase t-shirts, hoodies and more to show you’re Husky proud! Our address is 1650 U.S Rt. 41, Schererville, IN, and we’re open Monday-Friday from 10-4.
1. Welcome back to school and the TRIP program!
2. For those of you not familiar with TRIP, TRIP is a gift card buying program. We buy the gift cards you order at a discount and you receive the discount to help offset your tuition bill on a quarterly basis. Need more information? Pick up a TRIP Information packet at the TRIP office or call TRIP at 219-838-0356 or email TRIP at email@example.com and a volunteer will get back to you.
3. Our first Cash & Carry Gift Card Store will be on Thursday Aug. 30th from 8:15 a.m. to 9 a.m. If you can’t come during that time period call or email the TRIP office and leave a message. A list of gift cards available to purchase will be in next week’s Parent Note.
4. Online ordering using the shopwithscrip.com PrestoPay option is available year round for ScripNow, Reload and ReloadNow. Contact the TRIP office for more information.
5. TRIP orders are due (paper and online orders) this Thurs., Aug. 23rd by 10:00 a.m.
6. Team A will be putting the TRIP orders together today. TRIP orders will be ready for pick up today in the school office by noon.
7. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team B – Aug. 28; Team C – Sept. 4; Team D – Sept. 11; Team A – Sept. 25
1. Information on the Highland High School Learn to Swim Program is available in the HCS office.
2. The New Life CRC Cadet Club (next door to school) invites the parents and their boys 2nd thru 8th grade to join us in the basement of New Life CRC Wednesday, August 29 at 7pm for some delicious ice cream and to talk about our club. For those of you not familiar with Cadets, we are kinda like the boy scouts, where we work on crafts, go on camp outs, build pine wood derby cars and race them, but most importantly, have bible lesson time, and try to understand God’s love for us. We meet from 6:30-8:30pm on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, Sept – April. We would love to have you join us! For more information, please call or text Jamie Kostelyk at (219) 545-9788, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found on our Facebook page: Cadets at New Life CRC.