PARENT NOTE – June 15, 2018
“If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Well here it is – our last Parent Note of the year! I have received positive feedback about the MAP scores, Standards and IXL information that we sent home. Working on identified growth areas will help your child be prepared to start next year in a good position. Report cards will be available on-line on June 16. Speaking of next year, I’m sure retailers will soon be advertising Back to School sales, so here is our Dress Code:
• Jeans without rips or tears are allowed.
• Leggings may be worn with a top or dress of appropriate length.
• Dresses, skirts or similar attire must be finger-tip length.
• Shorts of finger-tip length may be worn April 1 to October 31.
• Shirts must fully cover the upper torso.
• All clothing must have sleeves.
• Clothing with inappropriate or offensive language or images is not permitted.
• Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals with straps are permitted in junior high only. For K-5 students sandals, flip-flops and high heels are not permitted for safety reasons.
• Heads should remain uncovered during the school day.
• Modest earrings may be worn by girls. Other piercings are not permitted for either gender.
• Students must be dressed appropriately for their age for outside recesses.
• Clothing and grooming styles that distract are not allowed. This includes unnatural hair color.
• Teacher’s decision is final.
1. The first day of school for next year is August 21 – we pray that our HCS families have a safe and blessed summer!
INDIANA CHOICE NEWS
1. 2018/19 School CHOICE Voucher Applications are now being accepted until the beginning of the new school year. CHOICE Vouchers provide partial tuition scholarships for eligible families. Please visit the CHOICE Resource Board using your HCS OnCampus login and the IN Department of Education for more information. Please contact Lisa Long at 219-838-0356 x 168 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to schedule an appointment to complete an application. You must provide a copy of your 2017 tax return or proof of current income along with current proof of address at the time of application.
1. Reminder: The last day to place a TRIP order is Thursday, June 28. You may place shopwithscrip.com online orders all summer long. TRIP will resume in August.
1. Free, Vacation Bible School at Suburban Bible Church 3010 41st St. Highland, June 25-29th, 6-8:30pm. Ages: Preschool – 5th grade. Theme: “Time Lab, Discovering Jesus from Eternity past to Eternity present”. Call 924-6240 with questions.