PARENT NOTE – June 4, 2018
“If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
In my announcements this morning, I told students that while it may be too late to make a first impression, it’s never too late to make a good impression. I hope that all of us at HCS keep that in mind as we close out this year together.
The packet of MAP results and Standards Achievement is coming home today in a large white envelope with each student. In my cover letter I encourage you to set aside about 1/2 an hour to go through the information with your child/ren.
I’ll be back to you with one more Parent Bulletin next week with a few items that pertain to school year 2018-19.
1. This is the second-to-the-last parent note of this school year- watch for one more being posted and emailed next Monday! The last day of school is this Thursday, June 7 and there is a 1:45 dismissal on that day. We pray that our HCS families have a safe and relaxing summer. See you next year!
2. Important Information: There is no aftercare on the last day of school, June 7.
3. There is no late start this Wed., June 6.
4. Highland Christian School 8th Grade Graduation will be held this Thursday, June 7 at 7:00 p.m. at New Life CRC. Congratulations to the Class of 2018!
5. Everyone is invited to the Gifts Assembly, this Tuesday, June 5 at 8:40 a.m.
6. If your child forgot to order a yearbook – we still have a few yearbooks left for sale – get one now before they’re all gone!
7. Reminder: If your child has prescription medication, epi-pens, and/or inhalers in the office, please pick them up before school dismisses for the summer.
8. Lost & Found: Stop in and check out the lost & found table that is set up in the hall by the office. All items left after the last day of school will be given to etc…Thrift Store.
8th GRADE NEWS
1. This Thursday, June 7 we will have our 8th grade graduation ceremony. Students will come to school at 8:30 a.m (note time change) for graduation practice and must be picked up when it is over, approximately 9:00 am. Graduation will start at 7:00 p.m. Students should be at New Life Church by 6:15. Following graduation, we will have a short reception in the HCS gym for students to take pictures and have light refreshments. NOTE: we will need 8th grade families to bring cookies, brownies and bars for this event. Please call or email Mrs. Groen if you can bring some desserts. All family members attending graduation are invited. Boys are required to wear collared shirts, ties, dress pants, and dress shoes. Girls are required to wear a skirt or dress, and light-colored dress shoes (not flip-flops). Please keep in mind that dresses should have sleeves.
TRIP CASH & CARRY STORE
1. TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store – Thurs., June 7 from 8:15 – to 9 a.m. (no afternoon store).
Amazon.com $10/$25/$100, AMC Movie Theatres $25, Applebee’s $25, Baker’s Square $25, Bath & Body Works $10/$25, Buca di Beppo Rest. $25, Buffalo Wild Wings $10, Carters/Osh Kosh $25, CVS $25, Chick-fil-A $10, Chipotle $10, Cracker Barrel $10, Culver’s $10, Dairy Queen $10, Domino’s $10, Dunkin Donuts $10, Family Express $25, Gap/Old Navy $25, Gordon’s $25, Hohman Floral $10, Home Depot $25, IHOP $10, iTunes $25, Jewel $25, Kmart $25, Kohl’s $25/$100, Lane Bryant/Catherine’s $25, Meijer $25/$50, Menard’s $25/$100, Miner Dunn Rest. $5, Noodles & Co. $25, Olive Garden $25, Outback $25, Panera Bread $10, Papa John’s Pizza $10, Potbelly $10, Red Lobster $25, Red Robin $25, Sanfratello’s $20, Shutterfly $25, Speedway $25, Starbucks $10, Strack & Van Til Grocery $25/$50, Subway $10, Target $25, Teibel’s $25, TGI Fridays $25, Walgreens $25,
Walmart/Sam’s Club $25/$50, Walt’s $25/$100, Wendy’s $10, Zandstra’s Greenhouse $15.
1. The next TRIP Cash & Carry Gift Card Store will be this Thurs., June 7 from 8:15 – to 9 a.m. only (no afternoon store).
2. The school year is almost over but TRIP orders continue through the month of June. The last TRIP order due is June 28th. After school is out if you would like to purchase Cash & Carry Gift Cards leave a message at the TRIP office, 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and a TRIP volunteer will get back to you. Online ordering using the shopwithscrip.com PrestoPay option is available year round for ScripNow, Reload and ReloadNow.
3. TRIP orders (paper and online) are due Thurs., June 7th by 10 a.m.
4. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 6/4): Bass pro Shops – 11%; Bob Evans – 11%; Cabela’s – 11%; Lowe’s – 5%.
5. Team C (Tina Hoeksema, April Vander Meyden, Laura McDonald, Amanda Porter) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., June 5th. Orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tuesday at 2:45 p.m.
6. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – June 12; Team A – June 19; Team B – June 26; TRIP Volunteers needed for July 3 or 5; Team C – Aug. 7
1. Attention Moms! MomsNation is dedicated to encouraging, equipping, and empowering you in motherhood through our MOPS (kids birth – kinder) & Moms In The Middle (kids 1st – 12th) groups! Here you will find friendship and inspiration to be the best mom you can be! Come check us out at Faith Church in Highland! We will meet in the Fall on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays/Wednesdays from 9-11am.
2. Want to connect over the summer? We will have a Touch a Truck Open House on July 14 from 9am to 1pm. This is a FREE event and all are welcome. We also have a Summer Park schedule as well as OPEN REGISTRATION that you can find on our FB page https://m.facebook.com/MOPSMITMFaithChurchHighland/. Any questions, please contact: Kristy Tebben 219.718.8446, email@example.com