PARENT NOTE – November 20, 2017
“If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
Well this is an easy note to write – I am thankful, for you, for our students, for our board, faculty, staff and supporters. Together, we continue to work toward ALL HCS students becoming academically prepared, biblically grounded and spiritually nurtured so that they will impact this world for Christ. I hope you can all “overflow with thanksgiving” (Colossians 2:7) this week!
1. Thanksgiving Break: There is no school Thursday & Friday, Nov. 23 & 24. We pray that our HCS families have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving!
2. Thank you to all the students who brought in food and toiletries for Roseland Christian Ministries. What a wonderful way for us to share our blessings and our love with those in need!
3. Our Thanksgiving Chapel is this Wednesday beginning at 8:40 a.m. Parents, grandparents, and friends are welcome to join us as we give thanks to God and give our offerings of food to Roseland Christian Ministries. We could still use more food and toiletries. Please send your contributions in tomorrow.
4. Amazon Smile donates 0.5% to Highland Christian: Your purchase at AmazonSmile will earn Highland Christian School great rewards! AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to Highland Christian School when you select us as your charitable organization. HCS is listed as the Association for Christian Instruction. Please remember to “SMILE” when shopping Amazon. Cyber Monday is coming!
5. Office Depot “Give Back to Schools”: Every time schools, teachers, students, parents and school supporters give a school’s 5% Back to Schools Program ID number 70036301 when shopping at Office Depot, that school will receive credits equal to 5% of the qualifying purchases to use for free supplies. If you don’t have the ID number with you, try offering the school phone number (838-0356). They may be able to confirm it with the Business Manager’s name, Roberta Huitsing.
6. Homemade vanilla ($2.00 for an 8oz. bottle) is for sale in the HCS office for all of your holiday baking.
1. Monday, Nov. 20 – 6th boys, 7th girls, 7th boys vs. Tinley Park – AWAY – 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
Tuesday, Nov. 21 – 6th & 7th boys vs. Calvary Academy – HOME – 4:00, 5:00
1. The Art Department is in need of your newspapers. Thank you in advance for sending some to school.
1. etc – the thrift store benefitting HCS has the following job opportunities. Please contact Debra Brown for more information or to submit an application (219) 865-5400.
Delivery Truck Driver – Part-time position driving a box truck to deliver and pick up furniture. You will also help move furniture on the showroom floor as needed. This position is for 2-3 days/wk. incl. Saturday.
A valid driver’s license and good driving record
Age – at least 18 yrs. old
Available to work Saturdays and a couple weekdays
Able to lift and move furniture
Cordial in interactions with customers
Cashier /Floor Assistant – Part-time Cashier/Floor Assistant. This is an entry level position with the expectation that you will transition into the role of Assistant Manager. This position is for 2-3 days/wk. with an occasional Saturday.
Present a welcoming appearance to guests who visit etc
Cordial in interactions with customers
Ability to handle cash and accurately ring sales on the register
Able to work Saturdays and a couple weekdays
Leadership ability and discernment
Able to manage other employees and volunteers
Able to remain calm in busy or stressful situations
1. The TRIP office will be offering a Cash & Carry Gift Card Store in December. Watch the Parent Note for information on times the store will be open and gift cards available to purchase!
2. ***TRIP orders (paper and online) are due with payment on WEDNESDAY, NOV. 22ND by 10 a.m.
3. Thank-Scrip-ing Day is tomorrow, November 21st. Great Lakes Scrip Co. will offer extra bonus rebates on many of their retailers for all of you registered with the online scrip program. Contact The TRIP office to get more information on online ordering for gift cards. Call 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or email, email@example.com .
4. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 11/20): Shutterfly – 11%.
5. Next Week’s Bonus Rebates (week of 11/27): Bob Evans – 11%; Carter’s/Osh Kosh – 10%; Meijer – 5%; PetSmart – 8%.
6. Team D (Shelly Witham Tracy Bandstra, Linda Balkema, Amy Yonkman) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Nov. 21st. Orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tues. at 2:45 p.m.
7. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team A – Nov. 28; Team B– Dec. 5; Team C – Dec. 12; Team D – Dec. 19
1. PREVIEW ILLIANA (OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS): Discover what Illiana Christian High School has to offer at Preview Illiana on November 30 at 7:00 p.m. Parents and students interested in learning more about Illiana are welcome. Meet with faculty and administration, tour the campus, observe live teaching, and have all of your questions answered about Illiana. No pre-registration necessary. Call Marie Limback at 708-474-0515 ext. 49 with any questions.