PARENT NOTE – November 13, 2017
“If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles.”
FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
It looked like a great turnout for conferences last week. Thank you for your strong response to our desire to include 3rd-8th grade students in the conferences. Whether it’s giving students access to programs like IXL, setting their own MAP goals, or regular encouragement that their education is about preparation for the life God has prepared for them (remember Ephesians 2:10, our theme verse from last year?) we want students taking responsibility for their learning. I heard many positive comments from teachers about including the students, but I’d like to hear from you. If you found the student-led conferences (6th-8th Grades) student involved conferences (3rd-5th Grades) beneficial, would you please take a minute and let me know why? You can e-mail me at email@example.com.
1. For our Thanksgiving service project, we are collecting food and toiletries for Roseland Christian Ministries in Roseland, IL. These gifts will be presented at our Thanksgiving chapel on Wed., Nov. 22. A list of needed items is on the Thanksgiving letter that was sent home last week.
2. HCS is looking for substitute teachers for this school year. If you have a teaching degree and are interested in subbing, please contact the school office.
3. Homemade vanilla ($2.00 for an 8oz. bottle) is for sale in the HCS office for all of your holiday baking.
1. This Thursday, Nov. 16 is Chipotle Night from 4:00-8:00 at the Chipotle at 8201 Calumet Ave. in Munster. Bring in the flyer that is being sent home today and 50% of the proceeds will be given to HCS. We hope to see you there!
1. This Thursday, Nov. 16 is sort night at etc for 4th grade from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
1. Monday, Nov. 13 – 6th & 7th boys vs. Calvary Academy – AWAY – 4:00, 5:00
Tuesday, Nov. 14 – 6th boys, 7th girls, 7th boys vs. Lansing – HOME – 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
Thursday, Nov. 16 – 6th boys, 7th girls, 7th boys vs. DeMotte – HOME – 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
Monday, Nov. 20 – 6th boys, 7th girls, 7th boys vs. Tinley Park – AWAY – 4:00, 5:00, 6:00
2. Did you miss the first call out for the 17/18 HCS Cheer Team? You still have time to join us at a practice this week and find out what all the hype is about! This season is all about having fun and building friendships while cheering on the Husky Pack. Practice will be Monday, 11/13 and Wednesday, 11/15 from 3:30pm-4:30pm. Bring comfortable exercise clothing, an after school snack, a water bottle, and your school spirit. We can’t wait to meet you!
1. Are you an online scrip participant yet? Great Lakes Scrip Co. is having their Thank-Scrip-ing Day November 21st. They will offer extra bonus rebates on many of their retailers. Contact The TRIP office to get more information on online ordering for gift cards. Call 219-838-0356, ext. 199 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. TRIP orders (paper and online) are due with payment on Thursday, Nov. 16th by 10 a.m.
3. Current Bonus Rebates (week of 11/13): Shutterfly – 11%; Cabela’s – 13%; Potbelly’s – 9%; Restaurant.com – 64%.
4. Team C (Tina Hoeksema, April Vander Meyden, Laura McDonald, Amanda Porter) will be putting the TRIP orders together on Tues., Nov. 14th. Orders will be ready for pick up in the school office on Tues. at 2:45 p.m.
5. TRIP Teams for Stuffing Orders: Team D – Nov. 21; Team A – Nov. 28; Team B– Dec. 5; Team C – Dec. 12
1. Illiana Christian High School will hold its 3rd annual silent and live auctions this Saturday, November 18. The silent auction will begin at 5:00 p.m. and the live auction will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the lower gym. We will have great food, great fellowship and lots of great items to bid on. The proceeds of the auction will go to the athletic department. STEM program, and Christian Aid Fund. If you have any questions or would like to donate to the auction, please email email@example.com. By donating to the auction, your business will receive advertising in the winter sports book.
2. PREVIEW ILLIANA (OPEN HOUSE FOR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS AND THEIR PARENTS): Discover what Illiana Christian High School has to offer at Preview Illiana on November 30 at 7:00 p.m. Parents and students interested in learning more about Illiana are welcome. Meet with faculty and administration, tour the campus, observe live teaching, and have all of your questions answered about Illiana. No pre-registration necessary. Call Marie Limback at 708-474-0515 ext. 49 with any questions.